close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

new favorite GAP load

Discussion in 'The Bull Dawgs Club' started by dbarry, Aug 29, 2011.

1. dbarry

dbarry Silver Member

Feb 15, 2010
    the Buckeye state
    4.7 grains of trail boss under a 180 grain grandmaster lead SWC. Very light recoil, super accurate, virtually zero leading. Surprising little smoke despite lubed lead bullet. Nearly full case of powder, but not compressed as I pulled a couple to ensure I wasn't crush'n the donuts... I shot about 100 of these this weekend and will be making a bunch more!

2. SGT45

SGT45 Silver Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Southcentral,PA
    I really should try reloading. Do you use used brass or buy brass?

3. dbarry

dbarry Silver Member

Feb 15, 2010
    the Buckeye state
    I have bought about 3000 pcs of brass for my G37. Some from gunbroker, some from leobrass.com, some locally. I have found it as cheap as $50 per thousand. I lucked out earlier this summer where at my local gunstore he was selling brand new midway gap brass (very cheap). He asked me to be sure I wasn't wanting 45acp brass. Yup! Thank you very much...

Reloading is very enjoyable hobby - you can try it out for not a lot of money. I still use the $20 press I first bought, then loaned to my brother-in-law, and he gave me back a couple years ago.

I ran a test and posted the results awhile back here on GT where I shot the same pc of brass 15+ times. My concrete driveway did a lot of damage to the brass (more than firing it).

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
  5. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Thanks. I've added your recipe to my "to try" list.