close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Family Member

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by eaglefrq, Feb 8, 2011.

1. eaglefrq

eaglefrq
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member

I picked up a LNIB American Tactical Imports 1911GI last night and just got back from the range. I saw it at a local pawn shop and to be honest, I couldn't tell if it had ever been fired. They wanted $430 for it and I got it for $400. Big shout out to bac1023 for the info on the gun and price recommendation. :wavey:

Out of the box it had these hideous brown plastic grips. The action was smooth and felt nicely balanced. I gave it a thorough cleaning and off to the range this morning.

I changed the grips to some Hogue rubberized and it feels nicer. I'm going to get a set of custom ebony wood grips made shortly.

I'm not a fan of the military sights, and I will probably change them at a later date. I only ran 50 rounds through it since it was an outdoor range and there was a nice cold wind blowing. I shot from 15yds with a combination of one eye and both eyes open. I'm still learning the both eye method. I also did some "semi" rapid fire (the range doesn't like it), so I had a couple of fliers on the outer edge of the target.

Here are the pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 eaglefrq, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  2. Quack

Quack
    Expand Collapse
    Rent this space

Congrats!!!

all the one's i've handled were well built.

3. picturethis

picturethis
    Expand Collapse

What's with the "All ammo used on our range must be purchased here" thing? That's a bit odd...

Nice looking gun for the price!!

4. eaglefrq

eaglefrq
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member

That's the first and probably last time I will use that range. They don't charge for the range use, but you have to buy all your ammo and targets there.

I normally go to an indoor range in Stafford and it's cheaper and you can bring your own ammo. Their prices are actually competitive with bulk purchase.