close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New Encore...

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by StockGlock23, Jan 7, 2007.

1. StockGlock23

StockGlock23 Hilarious!

Aug 10, 2004
    Bremen, IN
    Let me brag about my new baby. It is a Encore .45 cal stainless with black synthetic stock. 28" barrel and in pretty good shape. I bought the gun used while on a hunting trip in Iowa for pheasant. The gun was marked $350 but it needed a really good cleaning and had the distinctive look of used hard and put away wet. I had the sales clerk take the gun apart down to the barrel being off the gun and the breech plug removed. I haggled the guy down to $300 + tax and she came home with me. It is missing the front and rear rifle sights and the screw that retains the extractor. The screw I am having mailed free of charge to my house from T/C and I am going to have my dad get me some hole plugs for the iron sight holes. I spent about an hour cleaning the gun and getting it all polished and pretty. There are a fair amount of marks but it is mechanically sound. I will include pics once I get it all finished. I plan to put a Weaver V10 2-10x38 stainless on it. Once it is all done it should be a real nice deer rifle.

ANy suggestions for some decent .45 saboted ammo? I loved the 50 cal SSTs that I shot out of my buddies Knight and his Encore loved them as well so that will be my starting place. Any other suggestions? I am looking for something longer range 150-175 yards. My buddies will shoot 4" groups at 200 with his 50 cal. I am all a twitter.