close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New Dan Wesson Valor

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by reloader_22, Jul 2, 2010.

1. I've been looking at the Valor all week at my local gun shop, deciding on whether to pay the $1599.00 price tag. I walked in today at lunch and they were having a 4th of July sale and the Valor was marked down $400.00. Needless to say it now has a new home. Love the fit and finish, and the trigger is remarkable.

I'd like to replace the stock thin rubber grips and get a nice set of thin diamond cocobolo (rosewood) grips to compliment and dress up the brushed stainless finish. Any suggestions on websites to look at? Other color grip suggestions would also be appreciated.

BTW, research on this forum led me to the valor...Thanks...Jim

2. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    NICE!!!

$400 less? if so i would've jumped on it.

is it a new Valor or the old Valor?

3. Not sure how to differentiate but there's a fired shell casing envelope from the manufacture dated April, 2010

4. Joenpb

Joenpb

Jan 24, 2007
    Pacific Beach, CA
    Sweet, congratulations.

I'm looking for some cocobolo (rosewood) grips for my Springer to set it a part from others too.

5. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Honk Honk CLM

Jan 2, 2005
    Taylorsville, KY
    That's what I like to call a "No brainer". Good on ya. :thumbsup:

6. hi-power man

hi-power man Silver Member

Jan 7, 2008
    Kentucky
    Wow 25 % off, that's a deal. I looked a new Colt Combat Elite at a local shop that was severly scratched in several places on the slide and frame and one grip was broken. The dealer said he'd knock off $100 and the tax. A few days later he told me he sent it back to Colt.

8. Tactical black

Tactical black

Jan 24, 2008
    Florida
    Congrats and that's a great deal post some pics when you can.

9. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop
    HOLY crap! That is below dealers cost!!

Just for the sake of interest does the serial number have a upside down Y in it? Check the serial number under the grips also.

10. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    What are some of the things that DW might see that would cause it to be designated as a blem? From what I've heard, most people are either oblivious, or don't care. Just curious.

11. SDGlock23

SDGlock23 Glockoholic

Wow congrats! My Valor is my favorite 1911!

12. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop
    Honestly, I have seen the gamut of I couldn't find anything wrong, to pin head size pock marks in the old cast frames ( some were internal and were a bear to find), to slide to frame fit that you could just feel movement (you know, the way they should be built:rofl:), a few seemed to have looser GS fit than other guns (but that was what I called it because I could not find anything else wrong), and finally some were scratch and dents ( of a minor nature).

I honesty thought that the blem guns ( as long as sold at blem prices) were absolute steals for a person who is a real shooter.

13. Rimcrew

Rimcrew

Mar 17, 2009
    AZ
    That is a smokin' buy!

Let us know how she shoots.