close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New Dan Wesson CBOB & range report

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Nubbins, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Nubbins

Nubbins

Dec 1, 2008
    Fairfax, VA
    This is my first 1911 and was not looking to buy this pistol but my my wife saw me drooling over it at a gun show last weekend and said happy Valintins Day and told me to get it:supergrin:
    [​IMG]

After cleaning the CBOB and re-oiling the pistol and worked the slide a few hundred times, I took it out for its first trip to the range. I can’t remember ever shooting a 1911 before, so this was a treat for me.

My first 100 rounds I used Remington UMC 230 ball and only DW mags
    My next 50 were Federal Champion 230 ball and also started using a Wilson 8 round mag
    My last 50 were Remington umc again and still using the Wilson mag.

My first shot was right in the X and that put a big smile on my face. I then emptied both mags in the black, shot 200 rounds without a hitch; nothing but flawless action. The only thing that broke down was me after 150 rounds, my groups fell off.

This pistol has to be one of the nicest guns I have ever shot!!! I love the trigger and the way it feels in my hand. I think this may be my new carry pistol.

MY first 3 targets two mag's each.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. FireForged

FireForged Millenium #3936 Millennium Member

Dec 25, 1999
    Rebel South
  3. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Congrats! :cool: Dan Wesson builds a great 1911 for the investment in satisfaction.

4. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu Kydex Crafter

Jul 18, 2007
    Arkansas
    I was very pleased with my CBOB purchase from a fellow board member here on GT. It is a rocking gun. I put CT laser grips on it (yes, I had to modify them a bit). It is my EDC Gun. :cool:

5. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

Sep 11, 2005
    Four Corners

About a grand, more or less.

6. Nubbins

Nubbins

Dec 1, 2008
    Fairfax, VA
    thats about right. I have been very impressed with the fit and finish of this pistol. This pistol is more accurate than me. I had to adjust the extractor so far but that was about it.

7. the iceman

the iceman Proud Veteran CLM

Jun 2, 2007
    Northern Illinois
    Congrats! She looks great! Is it an 09 or a 10?

I have a two-tone 10mm CBOB on the way myself.

8. nice pistola my friend! congrats! BTW, need to know the distance of your target or everybody will assume you did that at point blank :p

9. Nubbins

Nubbins

Dec 1, 2008
    Fairfax, VA
    I thought I got all the gunpowder residue off the target:whistling:

It was the second stage at the range 7 yards so a little over 21 feet

10. Nubbins

Nubbins

Dec 1, 2008
    Fairfax, VA
    Its a 09 number 1200

Congrats on the tt 10mm cbob, would like to see pics when it gets here!

11. steve4102

steve4102

Jan 2, 2009
    They were about a grand +/-, not anymore. The CBOB has been discontinued and replaced with the new VBOB. Quite a bit more $$$. Finding a 2009 or older for sale is becoming quite difficult, and the sellers aren't giving them away that's for sure.

DW is still making the CBOB for our friends in Kalifornia however.

My CBOB is a 10MM, luv it.

12. awpk03s

awpk03s

Apr 1, 2007
    Ohio
    That might be the last CBOB made in 09... I thought they were only making 1200 last year.

Congrats on a great pistol. Beware of the incoming addiction. I bought a CBOB, and loved it and before I knew what was happening to me had already acquired a Dan Wesson Valor and CCO.

13. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

If DW is still making the CBOB for our friends in Kalifornia, it's not discontinued. :)

After SIG "discontinued" the P226ST several years ago, I bought one NIB recent manufacture date from a distributor in Florida. :supergrin:

14. steve4102

steve4102

Jan 2, 2009
    Sorry, you are right. I should have said the CBOB is not available in the United States of America. :supergrin:

15. SDGlock23

SDGlock23 Glockoholic

Very nice, congrats on the DW CBOB. I got mine a month or two ago and I LOVE IT!!!