close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New CZ, Anybody Carry Them?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by travDMH, Jan 28, 2012.

1. I just picked up a CZ P-01. I've been wanting a 9mm for a long time. I actually came to GT for suggestions and after a bunch of informative posts and some range time with various guns, I went with the CZ P-01...got a great deal on a new one. Anyway, I currently carry a G27 but am growing to really dislike the ergonomics. Anybody carry a CZ? Any carry issues I should be aware of...it's also a 9mm so I'm not sure I'd want to switch from 40. As always, thanks!
    [​IMG]

2. ohio1425

ohio1425

Jan 29, 2009
    Ohio
    When I grew tired of trying to keep 1911's working I purchased a CZ75D Compact for my EDC. CZ's are great pistols, reliable, accurate, fit my hand perfectly. I have since converted to HK's, mainly because of their LEM trigger system, but will never sell the CZ, too nice of a pistol not to have one.

Have read many threads extolling the CZ as one of the best pistols made, especially in their price range.

Nice looking pistol, you did good!

3. Thanks for the information. Yeah the fit is perfect. Just curious, what HK do you carry?

4. TX expat

TX expat

Dec 26, 2011
    KC MO
    I keep kicking the idea of getting a P-01 around for a CCW pistol.

Did you get your online or local?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. toknee

toknee

Jan 3, 2009
    The P-01 is one of my favorite pistols.

I CCW mine, use a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB. With this setup, it conceals very well.

P01 has great ergos, and is extremely accurate.

6. DerrickT

DerrickT

Aug 17, 2010
    I have a custom P-01 that if the single action wasn't so light I would carry it all the time! I have a comptac for it and carry it rarely. Its not bad, It is about the same as carrying my G19. Enjoy it!

here is a pic of mine...
    [​IMG]

7. xXGearheadXx

xXGearheadXx

Aug 3, 2011
    Knoxville TN
    The P-01 was my first firearm, and a good one...I wouldn't replace my 26 with it, but if you can carry it comfortably, have at it.

8. GoBigOrange

GoBigOrange

May 22, 2010
    East TN
    I have a CZ 40P. It was a complete lemon when I first got it but after replacing a few springs it runs %100.

You made a great choice!

9. I got it local for $430 NIB

10. yerscattergun

yerscattergun

Dec 31, 2003
    They are nice range guns, but when you want toe to toe fight
    stopping reliability, you go Glock, HK or M&P....just saying...

11. So CZ's aren't as reliable in the field as Glock, HK, or M&P?

12. TX expat

TX expat

Dec 26, 2011
    KC MO
    Wow. I'd jump all over that too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. GoBigOrange

GoBigOrange

May 22, 2010
    East TN
    That is just one persons opinion. Don't let it get to you.

I love my Glocks but CZ makes a damn fine gun too. In fact, I think I read that more CZ's are carried around the world by LEO's than Glocks are.

14. yerscattergun

yerscattergun

Dec 31, 2003
    It's not just one persons opinion, but thousands of police departments and militaries the world over. Glocks have been tested and tested again. Even the Czech special forces went with the G17. What does that tell you?

15. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

Aug 10, 2010
    NC
    ~ "What does that tell you?" ~

Says and tells alot....Thanks for the info.

16. adamg01

adamg01

Jul 10, 2007
    va
    I don't agree with your statement. Cz was just recently surpassed by the Gen. 3 Glock if you do your homework. A few years back Cz was the most used handgun in the world by police and military. The M&P doesn't even show up on the radar with Glock, Hk and Cz on the global scale. That is an uninformed statement to say the least.

17. Andrewsky

Andrewsky

May 28, 2004
    My main complaints with the CZ-75 series are that it's hard to rack the slide, accessing the firing pin for regular cleaning is impossible, and the firing pin retaining pins are subject to breakage.

18. GoBigOrange

GoBigOrange

May 22, 2010
    East TN
    Not to mention the M&P line has only been out for a few years. Not exactly what I would call a proven platform.

Bottom line, CZ makes one hell of a gun and many people trust their lives with them.

19. ju993rnaut

ju993rnaut

Feb 6, 2010
    Texas
    Congrats on the CZ, seems like theyre all lookers!! Does the P01 come with or without a firing pin block? I would love to have one.