close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New CW9

Discussion in 'Kahr Club' started by joe86, Jan 16, 2010.

1. joe86

joe86

Mar 23, 2007
    Nashville TN
    I just putchased a new CW9. I've owned Kahrs in the past and they have all been fine guns. Not sure why I got rid of them. It looks like the CW9 needs night sights, a Hogue Handall Jr, a steel guide rod and another magazine and a good holster, probably a Crossbreed supertuck.

I plan on a trip to the range next week end to try it out.

BTW, it anyone is interested I was going through my gun drawer and found a like new 6 or 7 year old magazine for a K40 I'd sell for $25 delivered in the continental US. I also have a guide rod from the same period for a pK9 or
    PK40. Not sure how to tell the difference.

Thanks

Joe in Nashville

2. toddmog

toddmog

May 28, 2007
    Kansas
    My CW9 came with a steel guide rod. Night sights are available now through Kahr...IIRC for $89ish. I carry mine every day in a Crossbreed Supertuck. I got my spare mags through Bud's as they had the best shipped price at the time. I would recommend detail stripping the slide by following the directions in the sticky in this forum. My brand new gun had a lot of gunk in the striker channel. Enjoy your CW9!

3. 3putter

3putter

Mar 11, 2007
    KY
    Hope yours shoots as good as mine!! Definately put the Hogue Handall Jr. on -- makes a huge difference in how well the gun feels in your hand. Recently I put the new Crimson Trace Laser on mine and love it. If you consider that wait to get a holster that accomodates the laser. Got mine from K & D Holsters and am pleased with it.

4. bigswedegml

bigswedegml

Dec 1, 2009
    Do you guys mind stating how much you bought your CW9's for? I am looking for one for my wife's best friend and want to give her an idea on how much they are right now.

5. toddmog

toddmog

May 28, 2007
    Kansas
    I've seen them from $389-$429 in my neck of the woods.

6. 3putter

3putter

Mar 11, 2007
    KY
    Got mine for $395 but that was in 2006

7. bigswedegml

bigswedegml

Dec 1, 2009
    Thanks guys, I was thinking they would be around $425 here.

8. Short Bus

Short Bus

Jan 11, 2008
    Western NC
    I just picked one up today and it was $429. Not too bad. Not the deal of the year, but I am happy with it. I have not been to the range yet but that will happen in a few days.