close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New CW40 Problems...

Discussion in 'Kahr Club' started by MerlinX, Sep 21, 2010.

1. MerlinX

MerlinX

Jul 23, 2010
    AZ
    I just purchased a used CW 40 and took it to the range yesterday. I was very excited to shoot my first Kahr! However after the first shot I knew something was wrong. After every shot the slide would lock back. I don't think it was a FTF because the original shell ejected properly and the slide didn't come forward enough to even touch the next round. If I pulled back on the slide and let go it would chamber the next round. Anyone know what my problem is? Or if Kahr offers any kind of warranty on a used gun? If so how is their customer service and turn around time?

2. I don't know if they any kind of warranty on used guns. I've dealt with their customer service and they've helped me, with fairly speedy results, by sending parts free of charge. I've no first hand experience with returning a firearm to them.
    In regards to the slide locking back:
    Check that the slide stop lever spring is not bent and is in the proper position when the stop is installed.
    There is also the possibility that rounds are hitting the stop as they are feeding. They can do this becuase of bullet shape/length, by moving slightly forward before feeding, or an over-sized stop. Try working the slide by hand while watching the lever for movement.
    Regards,
    Greg

3. MerlinX

MerlinX

Jul 23, 2010
    AZ
    Thanks for the response... I emailed Kahr and they also mentioned the slide stop spring. However sending it free? The responder sent me a link to their parts page. And informed me on how crummy the warranty is. 5 years original buyer only.

4. kurt1305

kurt1305

Jan 17, 2010
    Texas
    My PM40 should arrive back tomorrow after the same issue. They stated they were able to replicate the problem and "polished" the end of the slide stop to solve the problem. I figured the slide stop was being pushed up as it contacted the bullet as it rose to be chambered.

5. frank_drebin

frank_drebin 1-man flash mob

Jan 15, 2009
    This is common with the Kahr line and is almost always due to user error when reassembling. The slide stop MUST be put on carefully and MUST go under the slide stop spring. It only takes one time to bend it in and make it useless. Make sure the spring is straight and not bent in. Make sure you install the slide stop UNDER the spring EVERYTIME. When I bought my CW40 used they said ut had that problem. I stripped it and the spring was bent in from being assembled poorly. Was your's "on the floor" at the showroom? If so that's your problem. Look at the spring.

BTW... KAHR will send you a new one free if you tell them what's wrong.

6. MerlinX

MerlinX

Jul 23, 2010
    AZ
    So anyone have a picture of a bent slide stop spring compared to a new one?