close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New crossbow

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by pennlineman, Sep 4, 2012.

1. pennlineman

pennlineman

Feb 16, 2009
    PA
    Just picked up a new crossbow yesterday at Cabela's in Wheeling. I handled and shot the ones that fit me well. It was between a Parker Tornado and Excalibur Phoenix. I choose the Excaliber. The bows have a reputation for being very tough and have a lot of features I like. No cams, pulleys or cables, it is a recurve design. This allows me to change my string without going to the shop. I can also decock this bow without firing. In the end simplicity and ruggedness was my choice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I can't wait for archery season, I've never taken a deer with any kind of bow so I'm looking forwaed to the challenge. The last three years I've managed to take a deer with weapons I've never done so with before. One was with a handgun, my Ruger Blackhawk in .45 Colt with my own handloads. The next year I took one with a flintlock muzzzle loader, with my own handload. :whistling:

Finally last year I used my US Rifle 1917 made in 1917 to take a pretty nice buck. I hope my string of good luck continues on into this upcoming season.

2. Kloogee

Kloogee

Sep 16, 2011
    Congrats on the new toy! I've been contemplating a crossbow too. In my state, the archery season is like 3 months long and crossbows are allowed. It's very tempting! How much did you pick it up for?

3. rednoved

rednoved NRA Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Texas
    Never been into archery, but it seems like a lot of fun. I want to buy a bow and a crossbow in the future.

4. pennlineman

pennlineman

Feb 16, 2009
    PA
    Thanks guys! :wavey:

Here in Pa they had a three year trail period for the crossbows. They decided to make them permanant after last season, so I made my move. The bow cost about $750 after taxes and all. It came with everything pictured.

5. smokin762

smokin762

Apr 19, 2009
    Ohio