close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New Crimson Trace Rail Master

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Beanie-Bean, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Apr 23, 2011
    Central Texas
    CMR-201 from OpticsPlanet via Amazon for free shipping.

A lot less expensive than the grip-mounted varieties, and it'll work on everything that's got a picatinny or weaver type rail. Didn't take long to get setup, and the adjustments on the windage and elevation were pretty straightforward.

My test monkey was G30SF:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

Jan 3, 2012
    NW Ohio
    That looks pretty nice ....

sent from my commando using tapatalk

3. crashwg

crashwg

Dec 9, 2011
    North East
    It's too bad the 26,27, etc don't have rails, that would be perfect on one.

4. DeLo

DeLo

Nov 10, 2011
    Southland
    How do you like it? I have a 29 sf and this is the only external laser option.

5. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Apr 23, 2011
    Central Texas
    Not bad. I essentially have the same thing as yours, just a different upper.

I like it so far because of the auto-off function, and also because it doesn't weight by much. L/R activation, too. I turn mine on/off with my left thumb.

Best deal I've found so far, and Jeff Quinn seems to like'em, too. I am planning on hooking it up to my new Ruger SR-22 like he did just to try it out.

6. DeLo

DeLo

Nov 10, 2011
    Southland
    Cool; I was wondering how the activation would work and if it was something that could be easily learned/ added to the draw.

7. Glocks have a Universal rail, not Picatinny or Weaver.

8. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Apr 23, 2011
    Central Texas
    Yup, I was just echoing what the CT sight stated--this thing will work with the aforementioned rail varieties, as well as the Glock Universal Rail. There are four different adapter plates that ship with the unit, and it'll work on just about anything. Plus, it's inexpensive and easy to setup/configure.

From their site description:

The highly anticipated CMR-201 Rail Master Laser is an instantly activated universal laser sight for Picatinny or Weaver rail equipped pistols and rifles. The CMR-201 marks Crimson Trace's first universal fit laser sight and built with the industry leading quality, ergonomics, and fit ​

9. My Glock 21SF has a Picatinny rail.

10. surfdog

surfdog

Jan 16, 2009
  11. It's the only one and Glock did it to compete on a Govt contract which they lost. They don't make them any longer.

12. RJHUB

RJHUB

Nov 27, 2009
    I love the small size. I got the Glock one on my G30sf and it is a clunker(big). It has light and laser tho. And works good. It just fills up the small drawer beside bed.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  13. HunterG23

HunterG23

Mar 22, 2012
    I just got one of these on my glock 30sf, I have yet to take it to the range and test it out. I read some reviews that said in larger caliber handguns the laser will stop working after a couple mags. I intend to find out myself, I understand the customer support is very good though. I was told the laser aims at the front sight, does that mean I could get night sight front sight so night shooting I won't need the back sight?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  14. ddunagan

ddunagan

Jun 4, 2009
    I know this is an older thread but wondering what everyone is using for a holster when the Glock is equipped with the Crimson Trace CMR-201 ?

Thanks

15. davida425

davida425 davida425

Oct 22, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    I got the new, slightly larger CMR-203 green laser for my Gen 4 G21 and had Remora do a holster that would accommodate it. And, a good quality holster that was very inexpensive. They have a variety of styles that will work.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

16. F16Deuce

F16Deuce

Jul 6, 2014
    Are there any good holsters that will fit with the laser installed?

17. F16Deuce

F16Deuce

Jul 6, 2014
    I just installed a CMR-201 on my 30S and it fits well with the Blackhawks nylon size 7 I've been using.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]