New Colt offering looks CHEAP!

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by the swamp fox, Mar 31, 2011.

1. I got to handle one of the new Colt (Umarex) 1911-22 pistols today at my local Academy Sports. It is very cheap in appearance and feel with the slide finish being a very coarse dull black with all of the Colt rollmarks filled in with a white coloring. I can't believe Colt licensed their name for this!:faint:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 the swamp fox, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  2. I agree. When the .22 AR type came out I rushed to get one and left the store empty handed because it looked so crappy.

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

Yes, it's a shame.

4. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

.......is this the smaller sized .22 they were going to come out with ???? What a bunch of morons.

5. No, that's Browning.

6. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Senior Member

I think I will wait for RIA's .22

7. Buy the Colt and it'll appreciate in value.:upeyes:

8. What do you expect from:

"Umarex USA - Airguns - BB & Pellet Guns - Airsoft - Air Rifles ..."

Seriously? You couldn't pay me $100 to even pull the trigger on one for fear of some bodily injury.

9. Except for that's not a Colt....

10. My Colt AR22 is practically indestinguishable from my S&W M&P 223.High quality inside n out

11. You mean your Umarex AR22 with the Colt name on it. :tongueout:
    I just didn't like it when I handled it. It just felt cheap to ME.

12. Quack

Quack Rent this space

If it's not a Colt, it's a BETTER copy :tongueout:

13. It doesn't matter...they licensed out their name, therefore, they wanted people to have a Colt in their hands, so it should have some QC that are within Colt's standard.

14. :agree:

15. you are correct. sig even admitted to it at shot

16. It also had Umarex etched on the frame and as previously stated, the white lettering and the slide finish in general were "cheesy " to say the least. The best thing about it was the price......$380 + tax. Well, maybe that's not a positive. :whistling:

17. I'm pretty sure they couldn't keep it a secret since the manufacturer has to be stamped on the gun.