New Colt CCO - made it my own!

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by bobandshawn, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Hey everyone,
    Just wanted to share the new pony in the stable. A Talo edition CCO lightweight commander (Steel blued slide/ Parkerized aluminum officer frame). Made a few changes to it...it really had a sloppy trigger - lots of wiggle, and a mushy break. I replaced internals and trigger with Cylinder&Slide parts, new extended thumb safety, bullet-proof slide release, stainless spring plug and bushing. Lastly...bone grips. Shoots and carries like a dream. Opinions? Did I over-pimp it...or do it justice?

Thanks in advance for looking

~Bob

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

I'm not a fan of the contrasting controls, but I'm diggin the bone grips!

Overall,.......darn fine job! :thumbsup:

3. I'm still debating over keeping the slide stop and thumb safety. If I restore the originals I'm putting on cocobolo checkered grips with the gold Colt pony medallions...

~B

4. Too pimped for my tastes but you chose good parts it appears. The CCO is a great gun.

5. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

It's all up to you, but the stock controls with the bone grips would kick-azz!

6. Natural state (almost) with the new grips.

~B

7. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I'm gonna do the same thing to my Talo CCO - add the checkered wooden grips with the medallions. Also I will switch out the trigger for the long trigger with a dark color. The contrasting trigger color just look weird to me.

8. Nice work

One man's pimp is another man's pride
    [​IMG]

9. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil
    Platinum Member

I like the OP's gun with black controls and bone grips, and yours with silver controls and black grips. Don't much care for silver controls and bone grips :dunno:

10. To me, contrasting controls just make me think "garage gunsmith". The bone grips look great though. The only thing I changed on my CCO was to add a pair of ivory grips I bought when I was in Maui last summer.

11. Very nice

Congrats! :cool:

12. How about "basement gunsmith"?:tongueout:

[​IMG]

#12 doc540, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  13. okie

okie GT Mayor

Looks nice my friend:thumbsup:

14. Ha! I'm glad people here have a sense of humor. I'm sure my post could have been interpreted as rude, but it was not intended to be. It's all just personal taste. For some reason I have always seen 1911's with stainless frames and blue/black slides as classic customs, while guns with mis-matched controls made me think "built with whatever spare parts were in the drawer". Obviously there is no basis for that. It's just my taste.

15. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

It looks great. Congratulations.