Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

New CCW laws coming too??

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by BBauer927, Jan 10, 2013.

1. BBauer927

BBauer927 Florida Glocker

Dec 31, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Hey guys amidst this crazy gun banning bull**** do you think there will be any changes to the CCW laws. Because I'm bout a week away from getting my license here in FL. And I've heard crazy stuff out there bout what might happen. I know most of it is likely BS, but I don't want to waste my time and money on the class if they ban CCW. or just as bad ban every single friggin gun I would like to EDC. End up having to walk around with an old school 6 shooter

Thanks Guys for your help
  2. The Fed

The Fed

Dec 23, 2012
    Central Florida
    Six-shooters are still semi-auto unless you're talking about single-action ones. And even with those I think you can fan them, so a smart anti-gunner (if there is one) might figure that out. You will always have muzzle-loaders, and the best part is you don't need to register them! You can be like a swashbuckling pirate - wearing a wide belt with a few of them tucked in, ghetto style. I can see it now - holster manufacturers making custom holsters for them. Also, the manufacturers will start producing multi-barreled cap and ball pocket pistols. I figure 2 barrels (side-by-side). So don't sweat getting your permit - there will always be something you will be able to carry. Besides, it's Florida where your permit allows the concealed carrying of other weapons.

3. IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    CCW Laws, per se? No. CCW is a state issue, so if "CCW is banned" it will be because the State of Florida (in your case) chose to do so.

Now, could different Fed restrictions restrict HOW we CCW? (ie, wheel guns, mag capacity limits, etc..)... Of course.

This is why CCW needs to be a state issue, not a Fed issue.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  4. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    What is happening now at the Fed level is exactly why a Federally mandated carry permit/license/anything was, is, will always be a horrifically bad idea.

The only changes I foresee involve mental health, proving you indeed are and have always been a person of sound mind.
  5. snubfan

snubfan Giant Member

Apr 23, 2008
    This point can't be stressed enough. Everything the feds touch turns to ****. Why would we want them anywhere near CCW?!
  6. Dreamchaser

Feb 22, 2009
    Guess I should start looking for a good CCW holster for this......

7. HexHead

Jul 16, 2009
    The National Carry Reciprocity act was none of those things. It just provided that all states would accept each others carry permits, as long as they offered one too, just like they do with drivers licenses.

Some of you guys are as bad as anti-gun liberals with the fantastic scenarios they dream up whenever a gun law gets loosened.
  8. BBauer927

BBauer927 Florida Glocker

Dec 31, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks everyone for your input. Going to get my Concealed as planned next week
  9. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

Sep 30, 2006
    Double Vertical Shoulder Holsters like that on TV show where the man lobbied for everyone in the city to be able to carry a gun. Prop G I think was the name of the movie or the bill one. I just remember the young dude with double wheelies and the bad guys looking to rob a store and see everyone with a shotgun either slung or in the shopping cart....that was sooo long ago.
  10. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    No one ever accused me of being an anti-gun liberal.