close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

new buckmark

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by billy b, Jan 4, 2013.

1. billy b

billy b

Jan 29, 2009
    ohio
    wanted a new 22 semi auto. handeled several different rugers & it came down to ruger 22 light & browning. bought the browning camper. ended up paying more for browning because i had to have a second mag & a mount to attach a red dot. brownings trigger was way nicer and overal much nicer feel & smoother gun. as soon as wind dies down here in ohio i will take it out & shoot it. also bought some cci bulk 525 for $18. most of the stores in my area are completley out of 22 ammo.

2. CanMan

CanMan Silver Member

Jun 15, 2012
    in flagrante
    The Buckmark Campers' are great shooters and mine would shoot almost any fodder I fed it. Just out of curiosity what kind of red dot did you put on it? Hope you're able to get out sooner rather than later to shoot!

3. billy b

billy b

Jan 29, 2009
    ohio
    haven't put red dot on yet, going to shoot first with open sights. but i have tasco, millet & sightron red dots. don't know which i will put on.

4. Drewpapa

Drewpapa

Feb 23, 2011
    I have a 4.5" threaded tactical solutions barrel and burris fastfire red dot. At 25 yards from a rest using cci standards you can cover the ten shot group with a nickel, no joke.

5. steve1911

steve1911

Jul 12, 2004
    oregon
  6. 19Tim68

19Tim68

Sep 10, 2011
    Buckmark Campers do have nice factory triggers, but if you want a nicer trigger yet do what they call the "Heggis Flip" I had to spend $50+ on my Ruger 22/45 to get the trigger as nice as what the the Buckmark is and it didn't cost a cent. Google it , Youtube it, or go over to Rimfire Central to see how its done which is very simple.

7. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Congrats!

I've got a Buck Mark as well. I love it.

8. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

Nov 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
    I've got the Practical URX version of the Buck Mark and I must say it's one sweet pistol. I've shot thousands of rounds with no malfunctions thus far. :thumbsup:

9. sierrafast

sierrafast Coleccionista

Apr 20, 2007
    Southern TX
    Congrats on your Campert. I just got one for Christmas and I am loving it.

10. uaengineer

uaengineer

Jun 21, 2012
    Bham, AL
    Congrats on the Camper. I have a UDX w/ walnut grips and can't express how much I love it!

11. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Nov 27, 2011
    Maine
    Love my camper, but guess I got the fussy one. My daughter had never shot before. From 10 yards she put 8 out of 10 rounds in the red on her 3rd magazine, and says "daddy, is that good?" Damn kid!

FYI: Got stovepipes with several brands of bulk ammo. Called Browning, really nice laid back guy told me I could send it to them, or first try what they do. Run CCI ammo through it. If it has no problems with CCI, they wont do anything to it. So I tried some CCI ammo and for a few cents more, absolute perfection. Or fire Federal with 1 or 2% stovepipes, or other brands with worse results. Short story long, it's a great, fun gun.

12. billy b

billy b

Jan 29, 2009
    ohio
    shot my camper. with a cheap red dot at 25 yards i had 9 out of 10 i could cover with a quater.with cci blazer. i shot six diff brands of 22 ammo from std velocity to hi it shot them all. i''ve owned a lot of 22 pistols, camper has to be one of the best.

13. Congrats. I've had my camper a couple of years now. It's been flawless and a sweet shooter. Reasonably easy to break down and clean.

14. LA_357SIG

LA_357SIG Milspectacular

Aug 28, 2006
    Not Los Angeles.
    Just some food for thought...
    [​IMG]

Sent from my ADR6350