close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New bike - his and her's SVs.

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by ManNamedJed, Apr 23, 2008.

1. ManNamedJed

ManNamedJed

Aug 14, 2006
    Reno, NV
    Just wanted to show off my new toy.

I bought a SV1000 about a month ago and have been enjoying getting it dailed in for this summer. So far it has a M4 full ti exhaust, K&N filter, desnorkle, mild tank riser, Power commander, and ahotbodies undertail.

Also shown here is my wifes SV650. She bought it last year and we've added a Yosh slip on, K&N filter, and a tank riser. She's a really good rider - and a darn good shot as well!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. g29andy

g29andy CLM

Jan 28, 2001
    Nice! I always thought those bikes were great values, along with the Bandits. I had a Bandit 1200S for a while, miss that bike.

3. Super Trucker

Super Trucker NRA Life Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Michigan
    Very nice bikes. My wife rides a SV 650S, I have a Busa myself.
    Enjoy the summer and ride safe.

4. ManNamedJed

ManNamedJed

Aug 14, 2006
    Reno, NV
    Well they don't match so well anymore. My wife flopped hers over in a sandy corner the other day . Very low speed, she's okay, bike didn't fare so well. It may be a naked soon if we can't find a deal on an upper fairing.

:crying::crying::crying:

5. Get well soon to the wife, glad she's okay. Good bikes no doubt. Onieda Suzuki I believe is quite good on parts. Both of ours have tipped and all the parts were easily got here:

http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/home.php

In 06' we couldn't get matching so I got a Silver SV1kS and she got the red SV650S. This is our 3rd summer with them. Here's a pic.

[​IMG]

6. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US

Nothing wrong with a naked SV650.

7. ManNamedJed

ManNamedJed

Aug 14, 2006
    Reno, NV
    Mstarmer - nice bikes! I got the red 05 because it was still new on the dealer floor and they were willing to deal on it. How do you like your windscreen?

I found Oneida already. We're likely order her fairing from there. For now a bit of duct tape will have to do.

8. Jed, the windscreen is a GIVI touring model. Personally I like it, I don't think it looks as good as some of the smaller ones but I do a fair amount of commuting on it in all weather. I also have a top box on the back as well now too.

9. 4TS&W

4TS&W 2A RKBA 4EVER

Jul 20, 2002
    here and there...
    I don't like any of you guys.

I've been drooling on SV's for *YEARS* now... can't seem to pull the trigger, because there's always a better reason for the money... GRRRRR!