close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New BCM rifle

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by jedi573, Jan 14, 2011.

1. jedi573

jedi573

May 31, 2006
    Midwest
    Hey all,

Got a new rifle for work. Shopped around a while before deciding on Bravo Company. I went with their "EAG" carbine, which is a sort of tribute to Pat Rogers' idea of a good fighting gun.

Not pictured is an Aimpoint ML3 (2 MOA dot) that I haven't mounted yet; ditto with the sling.

I haven't taken it out yet. Ordered it last week and got it today.

More thoughts to follow once I have more time to sit down and write it out properly. But in a nutshell, fit and finish is excellent. Trigger is single-stage and not bad without being broken in. Magpul stock, Tangodown grip and stubby foregrip (which I use as a "hand stop" by bracing my hand in front of it), Surefire light, Troy rear BUIS. Midlength gas system, 14.5" barrel with permanent muzzle brake.

For those not familiar with this model, here's a link to the product page:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-M16-A4-AR15-Bravo-Company-carbine-EAG-Pat-Rogers-s/151.htm

It's fairly light and pretty agile. Balances well. My first AR-15.

And here's a quick happy snap. Yes, I put it on the counter and then stood on a chair to get a shot.

[​IMG]

Andy like.

Let me know what you guys think!

Andy

Note to mods - this is also in Cop Talk. If that's a no-no, feel free to delete this one. Thanks. :)

2. mjkeat

mjkeat

Jun 17, 2009
    Midwest
    Awesome! Its nice to see guys buying quality. Beautiful rifle man.

3. TedG

TedG Infidel USA

EXCELLENT CHOICE!

Good luck, and keep your head down.

4. mikekjg

mikekjg

Apr 13, 2009
    Very nice, indeed. The BCM 14.5" middy is a work of art.

5. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
  6. Dobie

Dobie

Jan 23, 2010
  7. Aries4570

Aries4570

Jun 28, 2010
    Thank you for posting a pic. That is the first Black EAG rifle I have seen, which is the model I am interested in. Beautiful!

8. Great rifle. Now go out and shoot the hell out of it (i.e. the gift cert is sold with them for a reason).

Good pick on the Aimpoint, I have one also and love it.

After running it through a few thousand rounds give us an update on how it works for ya!

9. jedi573

jedi573

May 31, 2006
    Midwest
    I have three days of rifle training this week, looking forward to it. The gun came with a two-point sling, but I'm putting a one-point on it for now to see how I like it. The sling point forward of the receiver is at the rear of the rail rather than the front, so it would be pretty tight across the lower for a two-point.

I expect to shoot a few thousand rounds through it if I can. Trial by fire, as they say.

I'll snap some more photos for before, during, and after to keep you guys up on how it performs.

:)

Andy

10. ancient_serpent

ancient_serpent

Jun 6, 2008
    I'm so jealous, that's the rifle I want next. Nice buy!