close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New BCM pistol-grip (with comparisons)

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by WayaX, Apr 8, 2012.

1. WayaX

WayaX Lifetime Member

Feb 27, 2007
    BCM's new pistol grip is now shipping. Mine arrived yesterday.

Below are comparisons to other popular grips (A2, Magpul MOE, and TangoDown BG-16).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A2 Comparison:
    [​IMG]

MOE Comparison:
    [​IMG]

BG-16 Comparison:
    [​IMG]

The main selling point for the grip is it's angle. It is very similar to the HK-416 grip in most regards (but at a fraction of the price). It does have a storage compartment, and the bottom secures very nicely (and is hinged).

My overall impression is the angle feels odd. However, feeling odd doesn't mean bad, just that I'm not used to it. Hopefully next week I will get a chance to shoot it with the new grip.

2. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Out of curiosity, how does the grip angle compare to different handguns on the market?

3. WayaX

WayaX Lifetime Member

Feb 27, 2007
    Good questions. I only have HK's to compare it to. Pics will be forthcoming though.

4. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Much appreciated. Consequently, HK grip angles tend to work quite nicely for me, so comparison to HK handguns will help me out a bit.

5. WayaX

WayaX Lifetime Member

Feb 27, 2007
    Pictures comparing BCM pistol grip to angle of HK45C pistol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note that the angles are similar (not quite exact matches), but the shape is obviously different (the BCM grip doesn't have to hold a magazine full of .45 ACP). It is also good to mention that the BCM grip has (small) swells on the side, making it fit the palm nicely.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  6. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Noice. I like it. Looks like I may be replacing my MIAD grip in the near future. What's the compartment on the Gunfighter like? I like the different core modules available on the MIAD, but haven't seen any solid details on how the Gunfighter is set up to hold batteries, or possibly a spare bolt and firing pin.

7. WayaX

WayaX Lifetime Member

Feb 27, 2007
    The compartment specialization of the MIAD is superior. The BCM is just a hollow grip with a swing-open bottom. Of course, this can be dealt with via some creativity.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  8. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    How much space if left after you pop a couple of 123s in there?

9. WayaX

WayaX Lifetime Member

Feb 27, 2007
    I could stuff 2 123 batteries and a firing pin in. If I were to carry these, I'd probably toss in a pair of ear plugs as well, to stop the rattle:
    [​IMG]

Grip with just 2 123 batteries:
    [​IMG]

The big disappointment (for me at least), the Cat M4 tool does not fit:
    [​IMG]

10. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Seems like a pair of 123s and some earplugs for padding would be the way to go.

11. WayaX

WayaX Lifetime Member

Feb 27, 2007
    That would probably be my choice as well.

12. The Pirate

The Pirate HARRRRR!!!

Nov 7, 2006
    Walltown, KY
    Thanks for the review, much appreciated!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

13. mixflip

mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    I like the angle. It really does remind me of a pistol angle. Probably does the wrist wonders for those who keep their hand on the grip when at check points or on guard somewhere?

14. 12131

12131 Monkeyboy CLM

Nov 17, 2006
    God's Country (Texas)
    It's similar to the HK MR556A1's grip, which I don't care for.

15. WayaX

WayaX Lifetime Member

Feb 27, 2007
    Oddly enough, I hadn't noticed any real different feeling until I tried it in prone. While in prone, it felt wonderful.

16. thanks for the pic, my gunfighter mod1 grip will be here today and i'll also give my impressions. i will be switching from the MIAD if i prefer the gunfighter.

17. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    Neat pictorial. But it kind of does look like the HK MR grip.

18. WayaX

WayaX Lifetime Member

Feb 27, 2007
    Very similar, but some HK grips do not have the storage compartment. Also, the BCM grip is around $30, while the HK grips are around $70. I'm a big HK fan (but not of the MR556), but I think the prices for some of the simple parts on the 416/417 are ridiculous.

19. got my grip today and installed it as well. i agree with all of your initial impressions, it does feel odd when compared to the MIAD, MOE, and A2 grips I've used on this rifle previous. I think the angle is something I could get used to, and probably even prefer after a little adjustment period. What I do not like, however, is that it feels very thin in my hands. It feels narrow in width and front to back length in comparison to the MIAD, and being that I am a Glock shooter also this may not be a good thing. I'll give it a chance before making a decision and definitely look forward to getting some rounds down range with it, but right now I'm undecided. I wish the MIAD were available with the steeper angle, that would be interesting.

[​IMG]

MIAD
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012