close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New AR

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by HerrGlock, Feb 1, 2013.

1. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    I think that's what he's talking about. I think I'll shoot a max of a hundred rounds maybe two/three times a year.

2. sappy13

sappy13

Sep 30, 2007
    Bremen, GA
    Once you get into the black rifle game, you will get addicted. Wont be long till you get the itch to cover it in some new furniture. I just covered mine with all Magpul Parts in Olive Drab. Looks great and didnt cost an arm and a leg.

3. 12131

12131 Monkeyboy CLM

Nov 17, 2006
    God's Country (Texas)
    HerrGlock with EBRs! What's this world coming to?:rofl::tongueout:

4. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    I don't think it's total amount of fire that will damage the MBUS sight, but the amount you do in a short amount of time. Gas blocks heat up pretty quickly, so it might not take much for the plastic to start getting too hot on the front sight.

Either way, Magpul says not to do it, so I would suggest listening to them.

5. svtpwnz

svtpwnz

Nov 19, 2010
    SC
    Welcome to the EBR club and good job on the S&W. I would suggest starting out with a set of Troy BUIS and an Aimpoint H-1 and put some rounds through it to get a good feel for the platform. Be careful tho, the EBR's are like gremlins and start multiplying quickly. :rofl:

6. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

Sep 30, 2006
    DIRTY HOARDER!!!!!!!!! :rofl: Gratz nice addition to the collection!

7. rv4driver

rv4driver

May 8, 2010
    Ft. Collins, Co.
    Be careful when getting a flip up for the front gas block mount, some are receiver rail height, but some are lower. There are specific flip-ups for each height. I don't know what M&P uses, but you can just lay a straight edge on the receiver rail and see if the front is the same.

8. kb18no1

kb18no1

Dec 29, 2012
    I just bought the same AR. Troy sights are ordered, just installed the MOE handgard and waiting to get my Aimpoint Pro with a Larue Mount.

Don't forget the Larue Mount!