close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New American Gun Company

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by jay1975, Feb 14, 2013.

1. jay1975

jay1975 Ultra Master

Feb 3, 2012
    Colorado
    Check out Lionheart Industries:

http://www.lionheartindustries.com/

https://www.facebook.com/LionheartIndustries

Their FB page has a diagram explaining the Double Action PLUS+ system. It sounds like a pre-loaded single and a half action where the hammer is partially cocked, making for a lighter and shorter trigger pull for the first shot if you don't want traditional DA/SA or SAO. It looks pretty interesting and at a good price for a forged steel gun.

2. Jim Watson

Jim Watson

Jul 10, 2001
    Alabama
    Looks and operates like a Daewoo DP51 "Triple Action."
    Not bad, just not as new as they might let you think.

3. jay1975

jay1975 Ultra Master

Feb 3, 2012
    Colorado
    Just looked up the Daewoo. This is pretty much an American copy of the Korean original.

4. That's because it is a Daewoo DP51. In their about me section they state that they became partners with S&T Motiv (Daewoo).

I wonder if they will import/manufacture the K series of the Daewoo rifles.

5. Jim Watson

Jim Watson

Jul 10, 2001
    Alabama
    Ah, sure enough. I did not read everything on the site.
    I wonder just what the domestic content is. It also says "December 2012, first regular shipment of LH series 9mm pistols lands on US soil."

I doubt they will set up for the rifles unless the Next AWB fails in Congress.

6. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Yep.

I gave the Daewoo DH40 and it looks almost identical. I'm mobile now, but will post a pic later.

7. moonwilson

moonwilson

Jan 22, 2013
    Atlanta
    Those look nice, I wouldn't mind giving one a try. Koreans make good stuff.

8. Boats

Boats Not Assimilated

Dec 22, 2002
    Somewhere in Oregon
    It's the DK-9!!!

Deep Kimchi 9mm.

Lionheart? Meh. I think it would be funny to see a rebranded Daewoo called the Deep Kimichi, but only by using the acronym as insider humor.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  9. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    There are plenty of used Daewoos around.

It's a good shooting pistol.

10. SigFTW

SigFTW

Nov 4, 2010
    TX
    It looks like a great gun, I want to order one!

11. Comedian

Comedian

Aug 3, 2010
    Its a good looking pistol. I wonder if it is a quality one?

12. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Should also use SW mags too if it were a true copy of the Daewoo.

Also, didn't FN have the "Fast Action" which was similar?

13. Looks nice I didnt see price(didnt look that hard though) im always up for something new and or different but GOOD so I think id be in the market. If anyone sees street price is reasonable post it(meaning where you can get them and such)

14. Did a little searching around and came up with some info. They aren't making Daewoo copies, they are importing, refinishing, and rebranding Daewoos. These are Daewoo DP51, DP51c, and a new DP51 with rail. They are all made by Daewoo and produced in South Korea then imported through Lionheart Industries. The only things that are different are slide serrations, grips, and hammer as far as mechanics go. It'll be nice to get some new mags for some of my Daewoo's.

15. As to price the website has msrp around $600 which is almost double what I paid for any of my Daewoo handguns when they were new. I don't see these being a hit unless they can get that price down.

16. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Thanks for reminding me about the Daewoo. They first popped up when I had my collecting and shooting on "Pause" for family and business. I was thinking about getting one or getting the fast action for my Highpower. When I pushed the "Play" button and got back at it I forgot about the Daewoo. I'm putting it on my "eye out for" list, which also means my "If I go too long without a new gun and get bored, I just going to find one on my "eye out" list somewhere and buy it" list.

17. Id agree I was guessing $400-450 meaning "street price" .

18. SigFTW

SigFTW

Nov 4, 2010
    TX
    I contacted Lionheart about availability and it's it ready to ship. I also send an email requesting more information about the build, if it's a modified Daewoo or a new and imported from Daewoo.

Also, prices on the older Daewoo are $450+ used on GB.