New addition

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by kgking, Oct 13, 2012.

1. I acquired a G19 gen3 yesterday. It came with night sights, two mags and a Glock holster. I put 100 rounds of Magtech thru it and 100 rounds of Federal and both shot great. When I got home, I field stripped it for cleaning and was surprised how clean it was. I still cleaned it. I generally only use Magtech or Federal. Has anyone else had this same situation regarding ammo?

Thanks
    Kevin

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    How to protect myself from my wife's spending addition? The Okie Corral Aug 11, 2015
    New addition to my Glock family General Glocking Jul 29, 2015
    Exciting news (I got my room addition plans approved) The Okie Corral Jul 18, 2015
    Newest addition to willie_pete casa General Firearms Forum May 11, 2015
    New addition to the family. The Okie Corral Apr 28, 2015

3. I guess maybe I have been lucky but I have had no issues with Federal or Magtech or any other ammunition in my Glocks. Some is cleaner than others of course. Seems to me the dirtiest I have used is the Tula.

#2 Bruce M, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  4. Welcome and Congrats on the G 19 !
    Some of the cleanest target/plinking ammunition that I have found is Speer Lawman,
    Once in a great while my local WalMart will have some on their selfs,priced about the same as Federal or WWB. SJ 40

5. I will have to keep a look out for Speer at my local Wally World.

6. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher
    CLM

I will second the Lawman from Speer, that's what I looked for the most before I started rolling my own.

Congrats on the G19 and welcome. :wavey:

#5 Fire_Medic, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  7. Congrats on the G19.

8. And I'll third Lawman. Congrats on your new 19!!

9. Congrats.

10. I recently purchased 500rds of Speer Lawman 124 gr 9mm for 100 bucks and I think it's one of the cleanest ammo my Glocks have been fed

11. Congrats on your acquisition! G19 may well be one of the best all-around handguns in production (IMO.)