close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New addition

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by kgking, Oct 13, 2012.

1. kgking

kgking

May 12, 2012
    Pikeville NC
    I acquired a G19 gen3 yesterday. It came with night sights, two mags and a Glock holster. I put 100 rounds of Magtech thru it and 100 rounds of Federal and both shot great. When I got home, I field stripped it for cleaning and was surprised how clean it was. I still cleaned it. I generally only use Magtech or Federal. Has anyone else had this same situation regarding ammo?

Thanks
    Kevin

2. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    I guess maybe I have been lucky but I have had no issues with Federal or Magtech or any other ammunition in my Glocks. Some is cleaner than others of course. Seems to me the dirtiest I have used is the Tula.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012

3. SJ 40

SJ 40

Jan 17, 2011
    Vermont
    Welcome and Congrats on the G 19 !
    Some of the cleanest target/plinking ammunition that I have found is Speer Lawman,
    Once in a great while my local WalMart will have some on their selfs,priced about the same as Federal or WWB. SJ 40

4. kgking

kgking

May 12, 2012
    Pikeville NC
    I will have to keep a look out for Speer at my local Wally World.

5. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

May 19, 2008
    The Gunshine State
    I will second the Lawman from Speer, that's what I looked for the most before I started rolling my own.

Congrats on the G19 and welcome. :wavey:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  6. And I'll third Lawman. Congrats on your new 19!!

7. Glock Junkie

Glock Junkie

May 24, 2012
    Tampa,Florida
    I recently purchased 500rds of Speer Lawman 124 gr 9mm for 100 bucks and I think it's one of the cleanest ammo my Glocks have been fed

8. Ranger45

Ranger45

Jan 17, 2010
    North Carolina
    Congrats on your acquisition! G19 may well be one of the best all-around handguns in production (IMO.)