close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

New addition to the family...

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by CMG, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Did I do that right? :cool:

This is only number 10 for me, and no I'm not chasing anyone's record! :supergrin: I picked it up this morning, threw some black Micarta grips on it, and ran a few mags of FMJ and JHPs thru it without a bobble and with very good accuracy. The trigger-pull is crisp and clean (I figure that's due to the superior combination of holes and curved front surface! :whistling: )

I already like it enough that I'm ordering a set of trijicons and I may have to send it back for a front-strap treatment, but not sure if I just want serrations or full-on checkering.

My (new to me) Colt (Enhanced) Combat Commander

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  2. rsxr22

rsxr22

Feb 25, 2009
    Youngstown, OH
    That is a sweet looking Colt! I would definitely put some 25 or 30 LPI checkering on it.

3. Colt Custom shop is about $150 for checkering, $65 for Gold-Cup style serrations. I like checkering, and for only $85 more, will likely go that route.

4. rsxr22

rsxr22

Feb 25, 2009
    Youngstown, OH
    have you checked into Springer's? Im not sure about their charges, but im sure Quack would know.

5. Nope, I have a 2010 price list from Colt, but haven't seen on from SA.

Quack may not share, after my trigger comments! :whistling:

6. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
  7. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop