Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

New 4473

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by MarcDW, Jun 27, 2012.

1. MarcDW

MarcDW MDW Guns Millennium Member

Oct 20, 1999
    Maine USA
    So yesterday in the mail I get a big package from the AFT.
    On the outside it states "NEW 4473 ENCLOSED".
    I am now 9 years a FFL and I can recall at least 5 changes now.

What got me however is question 10. I always found it wrong that the government collected the information what "race" you are.
    Now the Obama administration added a question:
    Under 10b you still have the race question.
    Under 10a now it states "Ethnicity" and you can checkmark either "Hispanic or Latino" or "Not Hispanic or Latino".
  2. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Build the Wall

That's what makes me sick about this country!!! We suck up to the immigrants even though they serve NO useful purpose!!!!:steamed:

And it's NOT just the NObama admin.....I filled out a mortgage app years ago that asked that same question:steamed:

I am NOW THE MINORITY here in Broward County, FL. Do I get any special benefits for being the minority?

OF COURSE NOT!!!!!

This country makes me want to puke!!! :ack:

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Ah yes, here it comes. Blame it on the immigrants.

How many immigrants do you know would go out and campaign so that the Yellow Form has ethnicity listed?
  4. geofri

geofri Poikilotherm™ Lifetime Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Below sea level.
    I had a "Latin-American" profesor last semester. He said one the biggest shocks of living here was how on so many government forms they ask ethnicity.

He said it's incredibly offensive to him and is always caught off guard by it.
  5. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    I work in a government industry, and that question is on every job application. Its an anti-discrimination provision, supposedly.

Sent from the USS Sulaco, while nuking the site from orbit.
  6. MarcDW

Oct 20, 1999
    Maine USA
    1. I find it offensive.
    2. What the heck is the purpose??
    I know plenty of people form Central and South America who just look white or some could be Asian.
    So are they now "Hispanic or Latino" just because they come form there?
    3. I always found the whole question #10 offensive.
    It can not be the governments roll to classify you by race only because you do something guarantied as a constitutional right!
  7. boozer

Jul 24, 2007
    Hilltop, USA
    Some bureaucrat is very excited about the audit this new info will require. Probably have to hire a whole department to account for the new information.

Link to page with new form;
  8. MarcDW

Oct 20, 1999
    Maine USA
    I actually looked at the old form and they had "Hispanic or Latino" as race on there.
    Anyway, I can't wait for November!!
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  9. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    You mean I can't check three boxes!?:miff:
  10. Bluestreakfl

Feb 22, 2011
    We got ours today too. They also slightly changed the wording on question 12 slightly, something about a visa, and also the block on the second page for proof of alien residency etc, I didn't get to look real close as we were balls to the wall slammed.

Sent from my phone booth
  11. bac1023

Sep 26, 2004

I guess I'll be seeing the new forms soon.
  12. The_Gun_Guru

I also blame it on the demoCRAPS!

And why shouldn't the immigrants be blamed? If they are so proud of their own FRIGGIN country, then STAY THERE!!!!!

It really is that simple!:wavey:

Oh, and they can't even speak the language, so they have no idea what the word "campaign" even means....and THAT is where the blame falls on the dems, and the bleeding-heart liberal pukes!

13. Not much to do with Obama. Lots of other problems, but not this. If anything he could be blamed for the delay in getting this change.

In all types of government surveying a change that had been planned for years went into effect in 2010. Hispanic was no longer considered a race, but an ethnicity. Thus now the question of race is separate from the question of Hispanic ethnicity.

You should also now be able to check all the races, instead of only picking one.
  14. JaPes

JaPes Rimfire 1010101

Aug 21, 2010
    NW Burbs, IL
    Oh geez. Let's lump in legal immigrants with illegal immigrants into one big stereotyped group.

Well congratulations on finally knowing what it feels like to be in the minority. It's not a bad place to be, you know why?

Nobody should get preferential treatment because of their race, color, or creed. It's America. Work hard and you might prevail. Get knocked down, get back up again, and try again.

I'm grateful for this country. My parents went to college in their home country. They wanted better opportunities for the future. They filed every document, followed every process, and came to the U.S.A. legally.

Even in the racially charged 60's, they keep their eyes on the prize. They stayed away from the troublemakers.They got jobs. They worked hard. They became productive members of the community. They then applied for the privilege to be U.S. citizens. They adjusted to the U.S. way of life. They didn't expect the U.S. to conform to them.

They raised two sons. Both of us are now professionals, gainfully employed, and law-abiding conservatives.

I was given by location of birth what they worked so hard to earn: U.S. citizenship. While current politics gets me frustrated, I am always grateful to be here.
  15. ChicagoZman

Jun 29, 2010
    I've always wanted to make my own box labeled None of Your Business and check it, but have never had the guts.
  16. JaPes

JaPes Rimfire 1010101

Aug 21, 2010
    NW Burbs, IL
    I am in complete agreement.

The government advocates racial diversity and acceptance, but on every form they want us to self-segregate and classify us based upon racial physical characteristics. WTH?
  17. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

Jun 12, 2002
    North Carolina
    If the irony of the fact that his family at some point were just as much immigrants as yours is lost on him, I don't think he'll understand any of your post. Actually, he may be too busy putting small pox in the Native Americans' blankets to get back to you.
  18. The_Gun_Guru

Good one, but the whole idea behind, "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free", was NOT an invitation to sneak across the border and deplete this country of it's resources!!!!

Nice try though, but you lose! :)

19. H&K 4 LIFE

H&K 4 LIFE Leonum A Ignis

Jan 27, 2009
    Any chance this might have something to do with the whole "legally purchased guns in the US illegally crossing over the border to Mexico" thing?

After all, they don't appear to care at all if you are happen to be of, say, African or Asian decent now do they? :whistling:

No doubt that answering you are "Hispanic/Latino" provides a way to single out and catalog those particular 4473 forms.

I agree that questions regarding a persons race/ethnicity have no place on a form to purchase a firearm. It just shouldn't factor in.
  20. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US

White people do the damndest things and then the other white people try to blame it on the colored folks.