close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

new 35 connector question

Discussion in 'General Competition' started by leatherman, Feb 7, 2010.

1. leatherman

leatherman

Aug 7, 2001
    CONROE,TX ,USA
    i've heard about the 2lb trigger.any info. or feedback would be great from you guys.

2. mteagle1

mteagle1

Oct 17, 2008
    Great Falls, MT
    Well it is not coming from Glock and since Charlie Vanek quit doing inhouse trigger jobs a 2# trigger package might be hard to find. If you are going to find one close it might be here http://www.vanekcustom.com/

3. Jon_R

Jon_R

May 3, 2009
    Central Florida
    My G35 is as shipped from Glock except I swapped out the recoil spring assembly for a heavier one and swapped the sights. I have about 6k rounds through it and would not want the trigger any lighter. I don't have a scale but it is very light as is. If it was lighter I would be concerned about unintended doubles. I use it for USPSA and 3-Gun.

I would recommend you put a thousand rounds on it then decide if you think the trigger is heavier then you want.

4. HK Dan

HK Dan

Mar 27, 2008
    The Glockworx fulcrum will get ya close to that. I ran 2.5# for a while, but started getting light strikes and went back to a factory striker spring. It's no longer 2.5 pounds, but it's still pretty sweet (Ghost Rocket connector, short reset, and I don't notice the extra pound or so of pull)

Dan

5. shotgunred

shotgunred local trouble maker

Mar 1, 2008
    Washington (the state)
    I have two at a real 2.5 pounds. just ordered a few parts and did it myself.

the first one took a while. now i can do the whole job in under a hour.

6. jhayesvw

jhayesvw

Jun 2, 2009
    Tucson AZ
    details?
    what do you do to the striker?
    do you bend the connector a certain way?
    thanks

7. 1stSSPZ

1stSSPZ

Sep 29, 2007
    Lubbock, Texas
    I 2nd the Vanek supermatch trigger. I have one each in my 34 and 35, they are awesome!

8. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Jan 3, 2009
    Smyrna, GA
    Are you the guy who has mentioned "stoning" the connector and trigger bar prior to polishing?

Not to appear ignorant... but what does that mean, and how do you do it ?

For the connector... do you use the stock one, or the '-' one?

Do you have some instructions for the process? ie, you use flitz and a dremel, etc.

I have a Vanek trigger in mine, but I'd like to learn how to do the job myself...