Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

New 1911 coming home soon

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by EricandSuebee, May 8, 2012.

1. Just ordered a Cimarron 1911 from my LGS, should be here end of the week. Can't wait to handle it.
  2. Three-Five-Seven

Three-Five-Seven Señor Mombo Millennium Member

Aug 8, 1999
    Great Southwest
    They're pretty. Know a few guys who use them in competition and are happy with them.

Enjoy your new pistol.

3. That's good to hear. Was worried as I haven't heard much in the way of Cimarron's 1911 but I've owned a couple of their other guns and been real happy so I figure can't go wrong :)
  4. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    I wonder who makes the gun? I know their SAA's are made by Uberti/Beretta now but I've got no idea who's making the 1911's for Cimarron. Can't wait to see pics when you get it. :cool:

Here's a link to the Gunblasts review.

Ok, looks like they're made in the P.I. same as ATI and RIA.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2012
  5. bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    Cimarron 1911s are built by Armscor in the Philippines.

Its in my guide, actually.
  6. bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    That would be the same as RIA. ATIs are also built in the Philippines, but not by Armscor.
  7. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

May 2, 2010
  8. awesome! let us know how she shoots
  9. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    Right, ATI is built by S.A.M.
  10. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Congrats on the new toy.

I just called up the LGS and tell them to hook me up with an RIA .38 Super bright polished nickel plated piece. They should be able to find one without much hassle.
  11. MajorD

Aug 16, 2010
    heard pretty much nothing but good things about these inexpensive phillipino 1911's. I find it funny (yes you can blame American labor and manufacturing regulations all you want) that the Phillipinos can make a good solid 1911 for 400 bucks but no American company can do the same for less than about double that!
  12. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    Like you said, I think labor costs are probably the number 1 reason why they're less expensive but also you've got to figure that all the small parts are MIM and not as high of a quality as parts you'd find on a Ruger or Springfield so that's part of it too.
    I'm in the process of replacing parts on my ATI and I do notice a difference in say the factory barrel link vs a Wilson Combat barrel link that I installed. Ditto for the Slide Stop, the factory one was .002" undersize on the pin and rough where it engaged the plunger pin. I buffed it out but recently installed a Les Baer Slide Stop that was the proper .200" pin size and looked a lot nicer.
    Still, if you can get into a P.I. made gun for the right price and know how to work on em' it's not too hard or expensive to bring them up to snuff.
  13. 38 Super Fan

38 Super Fan

Jul 15, 2010
    Cool. Blued or parked?