Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Netscape 8

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Douglas in CT, May 26, 2005.

1. Douglas in CT

Douglas in CT Millennium Member

I may not be the sharpest IC on the PC board, but I do appreciate software that is intuitive and user friendly.

Well, after down loading Netscape 8 three days ago, I am finding this transition from Netscape 7.2 to be a royal PITA.

It is as though they wanted to put so much crap into it that it lost a lot of it's utility.

The Good:
    * Tabs

The Bad:
    * Menu bar
    - Gone is the "Windows" pop down menu that had Navigator and Composer.

* The Navigator Tool Bar
    - A Google window that is too small to see what you type.
    - A web address box that is too short to see (a) the full web site address that you are typing into it and,(b)the same thing in the associated pop down listing of recent sites visited.
    - Extra crap that need not be there.

* Using email services other than netscape.
    - When you want to compose a new email, a new tab appears called "Pop-Up" and does not always sync with the SEND function of the email service.
  2. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Mar 28, 2001
    SW Oregon
    Mozilla 1.7.5 is what I use for most things.

I never did like Netscape, truth be told.

I know of their common heritage, but Moz has the lead. JMHO.

3. Kevin108

Kevin108 HADOKEN!

Mar 2, 2005
    Virginia Beach, VA
    When was the last time you tried Firefox? I stuck by Mozilla for a long time because Firefox was unstable for me but I've been running Firefox now for close to a year I guess. Totally stable. I love tabs and actually having a HOME button next to the arrows. The best part is an extension called AdBlock. You can imagine what it does. Easy to use, very effective.