close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Neophyte but long time lurker

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by Smath, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Smath

Smath

Jun 12, 2012
    Wow, I was finally able to create an account from an IP address that wasn't block and all it took was a deployment to a hostile land :rofl:
    I've been lurking for some time since I took the jump into handguns. I grew up around long guns but had little interaction with handguns until I joined the service.

It's great to finally be able to contribute in some small fashion to this beast we call GT. I currently own a Glock 30 and a Kimber something or other .45 that the wife bought me prior to leaving. "If you don't come back for me, I know you'll come back for her," was what I was told. Nice 1911, but I still need to break her in. I also have a Glock 19 Gen 4 with factory night sights waiting for me when I return. I ordered it on the Blue Label program and had to wait.

-Smath

2. jeanderson

jeanderson Making America great again! Platinum Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Ohio
    :welcome: to GlockTalk. If you're deployed overseas right now, God bless you and hope you return home safely!

3. denn1911

denn1911

Oct 14, 2010
    New England
    Be safe over there and welcome to GT!

4. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

Jun 23, 2006
    Metro. Detroit
  5. Smath

Smath

Jun 12, 2012
    I appreciate all the welcomes. As you can tell, photography is another hobby of mine - here's one of my baby:

[​IMG]