close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Need WIFI connection software

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by darin2, Jan 5, 2005.

1. darin2

darin2

Apr 14, 2001
    Georgia
    I have an older laptop with a DLink 802.11b card. The computer is running Windows ME. I was able to download and install the drivers, but there is no available software to download from DLink for configuration of the card so that I can detect and connect to my wireless network. Does anyone know of a third party tool that will do this for me so I can get surfing with this? Thanks.

Darin

darin2@alltel.net

2. bobby_w

bobby_w Alienigena Platinum Member

Nov 10, 2001
    South of Houston
    What is the exact model number of the card?

It should begin with a 'D'

3. bobby_w

Nov 10, 2001
    South of Houston
  4. darin2

darin2

Apr 14, 2001
    Georgia
    I can't go through those steps. As I stated in my post, I dont have the configuration software....therefore I can't do any of the things needed to connect to the network. I need the software.

5. bobby_w

Nov 10, 2001
    South of Houston
  6. darin2

darin2

Apr 14, 2001
    Georgia
    Bobby thanks for trying to trouble shoot the problem, but I need 3rd party software. It's not available on their website and I spent an hour of the phone with them and they can't provide it to me. I need SOMETHING ELSE that is not D-Link. There's nothing on their website that will help.

7. MikeG22

MikeG22 CLM

Jun 24, 2002
    San Diego
    Windows XP has good built in wireless config tools.

8. darin2

darin2

Apr 14, 2001
    Georgia
    Yes, but as stated I have Windows ME, which has none.

9. bobby_w

Nov 10, 2001
    South of Houston
    This is strange as their FAQ on the installation says the configuration utility is in the download.

Typical dumb questions from a tech support guy...Have you rebooted since you installed the drivers?

10. SamBuca

SamBuca

Aug 9, 2002
    Carlisle, PA
    Is yours the triangular kind or does the part that stick out look rectangular?

I owned the old triangle one and it has an older, albeit more compatible chipset. I donated it to my friend's Tivo or Prismq or one of those goofy net/tv gadgets....OS was linux and it didn't have the drivers for any of the modern TI chipsets.

11. I don't think it matters that it's wireless.I think it's like Win98 and you need to download WinPOET.

12. darin2

darin2

Apr 14, 2001
    Georgia
  13. darin2

darin2

Apr 14, 2001
    Georgia