close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Need want A Limbsaver for the 930 SPX?

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by ScrappyDoo, Oct 30, 2010.

1. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Tacticool brah!

Jan 16, 2010
    Hey I am also interested in recoil reduction for my 930 SPX, .. I mean it pounds with 00 Buck and Slugs, I'm almost too much of a b1tch t do it.. but having a top-of-the-line combat shotgun for combat and HD ... you're gonna be loaded with 00 Buck at the minimum and slug availability, capability, and deployment is very important so... I guess I will be buying and installing a new butt pad right? That's the first and easiest/quickest way to reduce the recoil and pain?

So I hear Limbsaver is the best, that is true and the consensus here ? Could anyone tell me what I need? Thanks!

2. Z71bill

Z71bill

Feb 19, 2007
    Texas
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2010

3. Ride5C2

Ride5C2

Jun 10, 2008
    Florida
    Same Pad as the 930. I've got the Limbsaver on my SPX and it makes a world of difference.

4. mixflip

mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
  5. I keep debating a Limbsaver or the Knoxx stock(I have no problems with pistol grips)

6. ScrappyDoo

Jan 16, 2010
    I can't do the Knoxx stock because A- No pistol grips on autoloading shotguns in Jersey and also B- I am the opposite of my esteemed GlockTalk good friend and colleague mixflip, I do pump shotgun pistol grips and I like conventional stock semis Especially the auto loading 930 SPX (A lot in part due to the Moss berg Safety system ... )

Now I think what I would like to do is when I order my Benelli Supernova Tactical I would like to order the ComfortTech recoil-absorbing conventional stock and then ordering a recoil-reducing hopefully Knoxx? pistol grip stock for it to have the option of either and the best of both worlds.. For some reason Benelli won't put their good technology and the recoil-**** in the "Steady Grip" Pistol-grip stock. :(

Oh and BTW the LimbSaver stuff they have at Dick's around here look nothing like these here... So I can't walk in thestore and get it but whatever I'm going to soon order it... Much obliged again. I shydder to think about the zombies up against a pissed-off Scrap and of course you righteous peoples armed with my 930 SPX AND A recoil reducing LimbSaver pad, I'll be busting caps in zombies with a flurry of buckshot like BAM! :)

7. Z71bill

Z71bill

Feb 19, 2007
    Texas
    :wow::wow:

I did a Google search to try and figure out which Limbsaver pad fits the 930 with the pistol grip -

It takes me to an old GT thread - THAT I ACTUALLY POSTED IN almost a year ago. :rofl:

I am close to "pulling the trigger" on a 930 with the pistol grip - anyone know if the Limbsaver pad from the "regular" stock fits the pistol grip stock?

10200 is the Limbsaver part number.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  8. coastal4974

coastal4974

Nov 2, 2009
    Anyone use one of these on their 930, does it live up to their claim?

9. Bello

Bello America/Italia

Sep 24, 2008
    East Coast
  10. i like limbsavers on my sporting shotguns but not on my defense SG. i notice in the field sometimes when i quickly shoulder the gun the soft material will grab my jacket or shirt. i wouldn't want that in a defense situation.

11. ScrappyDoo

Jan 16, 2010
    That model # looks like what I remember , it's making the lightbulb go off, I think you're good.

And yeah I installed in on my M930SPX and it's game changing. Bello I know you are the guy with the Benelli M4 so youve got the most expensive setup around, I therefore respect your entry but, what are you trying to say, please elaborate.

Cause in my opinion which to some people means something, the LimbSaver is absolutely awesome. At least lets put it this way which is Not an opinion, this part is fact - The LimbSaver COMPLETELY CHANGED the feel of the M930SPX. prior to LimbSaver I didn't enjoy shooting the shotgun and had actual reservations about if I could really use it for HD/PP/Combat because if I couldn't deploy it comfortable, how could I trust my life to it? Putting the LimbSaver on it not only makes i completely comfortable it makes it FUN to shoot- I can make 6-8 00 Bucks go boom so quick people on the far end of the firing line come down like WTF you shooting down there???

And I'm 5'8 maybe, 145 lbs? 150lbs MAX when I'm chunky from a bad junk food diet- it's not like I'm 6' 230 which obviously would be a little easier to wield a boomstick.

So based on the factual RESULTS I experienced on my shotgun, it's my OPINION That the LimbSaver is certainly top of the line. And for the record, who ever has recommended other brands ? Generally it's SuperCell if you're a Remington user or LimbSaver for the rest of us.

YMMV, of course.

12. epoxy252

epoxy252

Jun 1, 2008
    NC
    I just bought a limbsaver for my mossberg 9200nwtf 12g, walmart sells the slip on versions under the winchester branding for around $20(still says limbsaver on the pad and on the box in smaller print). The recoil on my 9200 was almost unbearable before I bought the limbsaver. Without the pad on it just like your 930spx, the gun was literally a pain for me to shoot, it felt like my shoulder was going to be dislocated/broken after every trigger pull. The limbsaver did live up the the claim of up to 70% recoil reduction IMO. It's the only gun I've owned that ever punished my shoulder like that, which really sucked because my dad gave it to me for a birthday present last month.

I'm 5'11" 250lbs in reasonable shape, I can shoot my mosin's, garand's and other shotguns all day long without pain/padding but not the 9200 .

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  13. I have a limbsaver pad on my SPX. I've put 1000's of rounds thru it, works great!

14. Z71bill

Z71bill

Feb 19, 2007
    Texas
    Does your 930 have the pistol grip stock?

I see the 930 listed on the Limbsaver web page under 10200/10201 - but when I LOOK at pictures of the two guns the recoil pad just doesn't look the same.

15. Z71bill

Z71bill

Feb 19, 2007
    Texas
    I have a precision fit R3 / Limbsaver pad on my Remington 870

I also have two slip on Limbsaver pads - I use them on an old Winchester shotgun and Mossin-Nagant rifles.

The slip on pad does not do as good of a job with recoil reduction. Not even close.

I purchased a slip on Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad - it is MUCH better than the Limbsaver.

16. Z71bill

Z71bill

Feb 19, 2007
    Texas
    I can understand your point - but a good recoil pad like the precision fit Limbsaver - helps me with faster follow up shots.

I also like to practice shooting clays with my HD gun (I use a longer barrel / same gun)

IMHO these two factors are important enough to overcome the snag issue.

Plus - since there is a good chance I will be in my underwear during a HD situation - I am not worried about the stock snagging on my shirt - because I won't have one on.

17. coastal4974

coastal4974

Nov 2, 2009
    Ok I just ordered one for my SPX (no pistol grip )
    Can't wait to try it out.

18. Roostmonkey

Roostmonkey

Feb 20, 2008
    I hear gym memberships are only about $30 a month... just saying ;)

19. DHSGMAN

DHSGMAN Combat Veteran

Jun 9, 2007
    Texas
    Sissies. Trust me if you ever have to use it in an HD situation you won't feel the recoil. You don't need a limbsaver. You need to condition your body to accept that recoil, and get back on target as fast as you can. Besides unless you have gorilla arms the LOP is already a bit to long for most users. The pad just adds too much material and tends to snag.

I've practiced at the range and I can unload 7 rounds on target with minor variances in shot placement,when firing under a very fast pace ( not spray and pray). When it comes to slugs and 00 buck practice DOES make perfect.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  20. Z71bill

Z71bill

Feb 19, 2007
    Texas

:rofl::upeyes::yawn:

Does your baby sitter know you are on the computer?

:rofl:

Me like bruises - me tough guy -

Grow up - or go away.