close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Need Tires for truck, help

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by ricky, Apr 21, 2005.

1. ricky

ricky Millennium Member

May 9, 1999
    Miami, Fl.
    I want to go up in tire size from a 225/75/15 and want to know what are the one and two sizes up from my original and what is a good tire for rain and 90% highway use?

The tires are going on a toyota pickup 4x4

2. ricky

ricky Millennium Member

May 9, 1999
    Miami, Fl.
    Need to know what tire is a good one for my truck in wet weather in a 235/75/15 size.

Also if it is a quiet and long lasting tire.

3. Pick a category or several of tires in that size and look at the surveys and owner reviews for each. They will usually have this info, occassionally along with a performance comparison test tirerack has done.

4. Nicky D

Nicky D CLM

Apr 25, 2004
    Souderton, Pa.
    What are on your truck now? Are you unhappy with the way they perform or are you just looking for a change? What about cost?, is this an issue? Do you do any off-roading at all? I would recommend BFGoodrich. I have BFG All Terrain's on my Durango. They have 3 ply sidewalls for extra strength, this is one of the main reasons I went with them. I have approxiamtely 50 thousand plus miles on my tires. I just had my truck inspected and nothing was said about needing new tires. I drive 90% highway also and have no problems. Especially up here in the north Ihave dealt with alot of snow and rain with no problems. They are a little pricey compared to others but I highly recommend them. BFGoodrich

5. ricky

ricky Millennium Member

May 9, 1999
    Miami, Fl.
    sounds good thanks i will price it.

The tires i have now are too big and they are rough riding tires.

6. Rob1035

Rob1035 Skeet Surfer

Jan 24, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    Michelin LTX M/S: great traction in the snow and rain, very quiet on the highway, great wear. Ran these on my Explorer for years

7. triggerjerk

triggerjerk

Dec 19, 2000
  8. ricky

ricky Millennium Member

May 9, 1999
    Miami, Fl.
    Heard good things about the Michelins so that may be the course i take!