close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

need some suggestions

Discussion in 'GATE AR-15 Forum' started by chad1972, Oct 25, 2010.

1. chad1972

chad1972

Apr 25, 2010
    florida
    I am going to buy an ar in the next 2-3 weeks. I would like some opinions on some of the different makes. I am looking at a s&w mp military and law enforcement, quad rail flat top with a red dot. shoots a 223 or 5.56, I plan to use mostly 223. It will most likely see the range on a biweekly basis. What about bushmaster,dpms,stag, etc. Only looking to spend 12-1300. Fairly easy maint., available parts and accessories. Thanks

2. Constructor

Constructor Moderator

Dec 10, 2009
    Roaming
    Being a manufacturer myself I can't get into a bunch of brand talk, stick with the S&W.

3. chad1972

chad1972

Apr 25, 2010
    florida
    Really? I was looking at building my own, rock river or stag, but you say s&w, can you tell me some advantages of that? I just want to make a good decision on my purchase. thanks

4. Constructor

Constructor Moderator

Dec 10, 2009
    Roaming
    You said in the first post you were going to buy.

"I am going to buy an ar in the next 2-3 weeks. I would like some opinions on some of the different makes. I am looking at a s&w mp military and law enforcement, quad rail flat top with a red dot."

Then
    "What about bushmaster,dpms,stag,"

I said stick with the S&W, just my opinion.
    If you want to build one it will be a "Chad" built to your liking, not a Rock River or Stag, nothing wrong with building your own I have been doing it for 18 years.

5. chad1972

chad1972

Apr 25, 2010
    florida
    thx, left a deposit on a s&w mp ar today, should have it next week.