Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

  • Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Need some sort of knob or switch to adjust screen resolution

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Drjones, Jul 23, 2010.

  1. Hi guys.

    I work with a sweet older woman who is just about blind. She needs her screen resolution turned up super-high and even then she still uses a magnifying glass to see the screen.

    We keep running into issues where she and her assistant keep changing the resolution and occasionally it will get set so low so that things are so big, it becomes impossible to navigate the computer.

    It is a laptop, so is there any sort of physical knob or switch device we can buy to plug into the laptop to adjust the screen resolution??
  2. JimmyN


    Sep 29, 2006
    You could use the Accessibility Options in Control Panel, they're there to handle that need.

    You can set different types of high contrast screens with different font sizes.

    Once it is set up the way you like just press ALT + left Shift + PrtScrn to go into accessibility mode IIRC. That way you don't have to go to Control Panel each time.
    You can even have it reset to normal mode automatically after a given number of minutes inactivity so the next user doesn't have to set it back.

    And I think there is also a zoom mode, so you can zoom the screen, that may work well too.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2010

  3. janice6

    janice6 Silver Member

    Apr 4, 2006
    Another method to try is to press CTRL Key while rotating the mouse wheel (if you have one).

    I have no idea why but this works for a number of machines. I have had other machines that it didn't work on.
  4. Sgt. Schultz

    Sgt. Schultz Annoying Member

    Try this ...

    ... or this

    Last edited: Jul 23, 2010