Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Need some serious help with my digital camera

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by Cool Hand Hodge, Feb 25, 2006.

1. First off, let me start by saying i know nothing about digital cameras. Mine is a Nikon coolpix 3100. The problem i am having is that no matter what setting the dial is on, the flash flashes three times when i take a picture. Two small flashes and one normal flash. Also, with standard AA bateries i only get 3 maybe 4 pics before it dies from a low battery. WAIT...just got the flash to turn off...but why does it eat batteries the way it does? Also, is this a dec. camera or should i just upgrade it?
  2. sjfrellc

sjfrellc CLM

Dec 26, 2004
    Novi, Michigan
    Standard alkaline batteries usually don't last long in digital cameras. While over the last two years most new cameras are better at power management they eat batteries quite.

A set of 4 or more Nickle metal Hydride rechargeable batteries is generally the way to go. Google for reviews of your camera.

3. +1000, I bought 8 batteries (two set of 4), keep one set charged and ready to go and a set in the camera. I've had them for over two years and have charged them at least 50 times. They hold a charge, and give good long service before needing recharging (they deliver good amperage through their service life). Best thing I could have done for my digital camera (besides buying a giant memory card :) )
  4. Mild Bill

Mild Bill Millennium Member

Oct 18, 1999
    Tampa, Florida
    The 3 flashes thing is 'red-eye reduction'...

Turn that off and it 'should' only flash once...