close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

need some help

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by heitzoflearning, Apr 15, 2011.

1. heitzoflearning

heitzoflearning
    Expand Collapse

I recently picked up a High Standard Sport King Special. The first time I took it out it ran fine. I shot around 500 rounds that day. A week or two later I took it out again and after a couple hundred rounds I loaded up a new tube and cycled the bolt to chamber a round. To my surprise it went off. This scared the crap out of me and my friends that I was shooting with. Shooting through the rest of the tube I had a couple of times where the gun cycled twice with one trigger pull. I wanted to chalk this up as a cleaning issue so I took the rifle home and thoroughly cleaned it and headed to the range the next week. Same thing happened again.

Here is a schematic of the rifle, http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/...spx?catid=8493 . I think I need the hammer plunger to fix the problem. Any insight? <!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig -->

2. eisman

eisman
    Expand Collapse
    ARGH!
    CLM

With .22's that old it's probably a wear issue. Check the bolt/sear/firing pin engagements for rounded corners.