close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

need some help

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by heitzoflearning, Apr 15, 2011.

1. heitzoflearning

heitzoflearning

Jan 18, 2009
    I recently picked up a High Standard Sport King Special. The first time I took it out it ran fine. I shot around 500 rounds that day. A week or two later I took it out again and after a couple hundred rounds I loaded up a new tube and cycled the bolt to chamber a round. To my surprise it went off. This scared the crap out of me and my friends that I was shooting with. Shooting through the rest of the tube I had a couple of times where the gun cycled twice with one trigger pull. I wanted to chalk this up as a cleaning issue so I took the rifle home and thoroughly cleaned it and headed to the range the next week. Same thing happened again.

Here is a schematic of the rifle, http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/...spx?catid=8493 . I think I need the hammer plunger to fix the problem. Any insight? <!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig -->

2. eisman

eisman ARGH! CLM

Jul 28, 2002
    Moving Target
    With .22's that old it's probably a wear issue. Check the bolt/sear/firing pin engagements for rounded corners.