close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

need sig 232 thumbreak holster opinion

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by madcitycop, Jan 27, 2012.

1. madcitycop

madcitycop

Dec 2, 2006
    Just like it says for some reason I have delayed getting a thumbbreak holster for this gun longer than any other I have owned. So now its time to simply make a decision. That said looking for a black thumbbreak holster for my sig 232 something I can use under a suit jacket or sweater. Any suggestions appreciated.

2. dosei

dosei

Mar 22, 2005
    Upstate SC
    OWB or IWB?

Also, what width belt do you wear?

FIST offers thumb-breaks as an option on all of their holsters, both OWB and IWB.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012

3. dosei

dosei

Mar 22, 2005
    Upstate SC
    Stay away from holsters that have belt slots larger (or smaller, of course) than your belt, which means most of the major holster makers (basicly, any holster the "fits belts up to 1-3/4"). Most (if not all) of the Galco/Bianchi/DeSantis/Don Hume OWB holsters are made with slots for 1-3/4" wide belts...for best performance you want the slots sized to match your belt (yes, it makes a difference).

Take a look at the FIST #7.

4. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    I really like the Don Hume H721 with a thumbreak. It is a good OWB holster. Lots of quality for the money, good fit and finish and holds up well.

I have had four H721's for several years now. One for my P226, P220R, P239 (daily CCW), and 442 jframe. I carry the P239 in it daily and it conceals well even with a light cover garment.