need protection

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Brandon G, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Hey guys I need some help. My wife bought me a acer a200 tablet for christmas and i need a cover or case for it. I am a guy so of course I would like a "tacticool" look. Anyone have any suggestions? It will go to work with me in my duty bag and probably travel with me so some protection is required but I dont need a "safe" for it. Thanks for any and all help.

2. Not exactly "tacticool" but I have the same case on my iPad 2 and would highly reccomend it:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Adjustable-HandStrap-Manufacturer-Warranty/dp/B007B31ITG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1356625270&sr=8-3&keywords=acer+a200+case"]Amazon.com: Poetic(TM) Stand Leather Case with Angle Adjustable with HandStrap for Acer Iconia A200 / A210 (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Computers & Accessories@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41OllTeESwL.@@AMEPARAM@@41OllTeESwL[/ame]

I've used a few other cases from Incipio, Otterbox, and Case Crown. The Poetic case is a great blend of all of them. Also, the Otterbox Defender and Griffin Survivor type cases add a lot of weight and bulk. If you're carrying it in a bag, I think you would enjoy a slimmer case in the long run. I know I did.

3. VC-Racing

VC-Racing General Flunky

I'd also recommend a screen protector such as ArmorSuit screen protector. For a leather case, I opted for the Toshiba cover. I got my SP and Leather case on Amazon for $25 or $30 . If you do the SP, follow the directions closely , but I used a hair dryer to help set the laminate, a lil trick I learned back when I used to tint windows .

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

4. Thanks guys I appreciate the help. I ordered one, also bought a armorsuit screen protector. Is there anything particularly neat you use your tablets for? I have no idea what I'll use mine for

5. Web surfing, facebook, email, reading pdfs, etc. It's android os so whatever you can use a droid phone for, you can do on your tablet. Except the screen is bigger so you can actually see it.