Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

  • Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Need new handles for old kitchen knife

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by ottomatic, Feb 6, 2010.

  1. ottomatic


    Oct 15, 2002
    SW Tennessee
    I have an old Chicago Cutlery (I think) small (just under 3") paring knife with wooden handles. The blade shape is just like a small filet knife, and even though I have a set of VERY expensive Henkel knives, they don't offer one with a blade shape like this one. I mailordered what I thought was a new one from Chicago Cutlery with grips similar to our other set, but the blade is noticeably bulkier.

    So (to make a long story slightly shorter) what I want to do is "regrip" my old knike. I know that this is economically stupid, but I REALLY love this old knife. Does anyone know anybody who might do this for a reasonable amount, or can you guide me to a source of materials and instructions so that I can possibly do it myself?
  2. Call Smokey Mountain Knife Works. They are in your state and may know a knife maker near you that can do the job. Good luck.