close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Need IWB holster that won't close up

Discussion in 'The Snubbie Club' started by BarkinDog, Oct 25, 2009.

1. BarkinDog

BarkinDog Millennium Member

Aug 21, 1999
    MA
    For a couple of years my 340PD has been my favorite carry gun. I've been using pocket holsters but would like to get a good IWB. I tried a Galco with reinforce lip and checked out others but everything closes up a little once the gun is drawn so one handed re-holstering is not possible. I would perfer one with a j hook. I don't care for belt loops or metal clip type. Would like a staright drop for appendix position but forward can't at 4 o'clock would work too. Above all it has to stay open to allow one hand re-holstering.
    Any suggestions of one that you actually use (not just know of) that has the above qualities?

2. willowofwisp

willowofwisp

Jul 28, 2009
    I would check out crossbreed supertuck, i believe they make a holster for j frames.

3. BarkinDog

BarkinDog Millennium Member

Aug 21, 1999
    MA
    Anyone have a suggestion that fits the bill and personally use?

4. Which Galco holster do you have? I use a Galco Stow-and-Go and never have problems with it closing up. I appendix carry it as well and never have an issue with one-handed re-holstering.

5. rettom60

rettom60

Jan 31, 2005
    mich.
  6. Try a Kytac Braveheart IWB. I had one made for my 640 and I love it. It's light weight, very sturdy and extremely comfortable. I have several Kytac holsters, mainly for my Glock 23/27.

7. Dogguy

Dogguy

Aug 2, 2008
    Soggy South.
    Kydex or leather holsters with metal-reinforced openings won't close up on you. There's a lot of 'em out there.

8. +1 on the 340pd. My favorite carry gun since bringing it home. Pocket carry daily! If you find a good IWB holster let me know, I've been looking too.