close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Need Iphone Holder For Gunbelt

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by ricky, Oct 8, 2011.

1. ricky

ricky Millennium Member

May 9, 1999
    Miami, Fl.
    I need something that attaches to a gunbelt securely and will protect my phone at the same time.

Somebody here has to have some good ideas. :wavey:

2. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    No you dont.

Your Iphone has WAY too much of your personal information and family's information to risk it falling off during a fight or a chase and winding up in the hands of the bad guys.

Keep the phone in the car.

3. 23owner

23owner

Apr 12, 2010
    NC
    I disagree that keeping your phone in the car is the best option. Sometimes you need it on your person, and mine rarely is missing from my front left pocket. I keep my iPhone in a silicone case made by incipio, but Otterbox makes some very robust cases with belt clips. I have many friends hat have gone this route with success.
    Just remember to put a lock code on your phone and invest in some of the better GPS locator software that will allow you to find or wipe a lost phone.

What if you need to call 911 and your phone is in the car?

EDIT: I seem go have overlooked that the post was intended to request options for an officer to carry on duty. I hereby retract my above comments. I am not an officer, so I have no room to speak. I'll read a little better next time.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  4. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Mar 13, 2001
    Not a chance

Mine is Issued and i use an Otterbox my personal cell is in the car..

I can page out a whole section with my Iphone and it's a great tool, would not carry my personal phone on me while working..

5. indigent

indigent Bamboozled

Jul 2, 2005
    Tx
    My cell phone came with this really handy pleather bag and a rad shoulder strap.

It kinda hard to chase bad guys while talking on it because the cord between the bag and the handset is kinda short.

6. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    Otterbox.

But I agree with collim1 about not carrying it on your person. If you do, find pocket space for it.

7. Goldendog Redux

Goldendog Redux Shut your mouth

Aug 22, 2003
    Nevada
    If you want to look stupid, by all means find a belt holder for it. Maybe you could transfer it from your duty belt directly to your pleated dockers for casual time. Some guys carry their iPhone in a sweet case attached to their epaulette it looks good and it is convenient. Seriously, very lame.

8. SAR

SAR CLM

Apr 17, 2004
    LA LA Land
    I keep my phone in my uniform shirt pocket. I don't care how bulletproof a phone holder is, I always manage to tear the damn clip off getting in and out of cars. The only option is to get someone to make a custom leather case for it that attaches like the rest of your gear on your Sam Browne. Those cheap plastic clips that come on most store-bought phone holders are worthless.

9. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Otterbox vote here, but like others said, ya really shouldn't risk having the phone fall into the wrong hands.

10. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
    Get a magpul case for it and keep it in your shirt pocket.

11. BailRecoveryAgent

BailRecoveryAgent Rude Member

Aug 2, 2010
    On the 28th of september, my phone fell off my belt and was picked up by some d-bag. I called it, sent texts to it, even pinged its location, and they wouldn't respond to my requests to give the phone back. I had a lot of info on that phone, not just my immediate family's but my parents, sisters, brother in laws, nieces, mother/father in laws etc. Email addresses, work phone numbers, all of it now in someone elses hands. I called the police, but there was little they could do.

My phone stays in my pocket now, not on my belt.

I have the silicone case for my new Droid 3 that replaced the stolen phone, and it grips the inside of your pocket like a pocket holster.

As far as lock codes and all that, it is easily, I mean easily bypassed. Like a padlock on a bicycle, they're meant to keep honest thieves out, not determined ones.

I hate cell phones, I wish I didn't need one.

12. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Feb 21, 2009
    I agree. Keep it in your car.

Another point to add is you don't want to be clearing a building and you are THAT GUY whose phone starts ringing.

13. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

Jul 24, 2010
    The Northwoods
    i use nite-ize brand cases. i have the rugged case for my blackberry and it is awesome. it has a very heavy duty clip that rotates 360 so you can wear it vertical or horizontal. The case itself is made of very durable nylon and is a velcro closure. I have had 0 probleems with the case and have been is several fights/foot chases and have had 0 problems with the case. I also use an otterbox on the phone itsself. I recently ordered the Iphone 4s and spoke w/ niteize about what cases would fit. They have a rugged iphone case available, but it does not have the swivel clip and only allows the case to sit vertical:
    http://www.niteize.com/collections/rugged-phone-cases/products/hardshell-rugged-smartphone-holster

I personally ordered the cargo wide model, they said it fits the Iphone w/ otterbox perfect and has the 360 clip on it:

http://www.niteize.com/collections/rugged-phone-cases/products/clip-case-cargo-wide

This is the case i use now for comparison:

http://www.niteize.com/collections/rugged-phone-cases/products/rugged-case-blackberry

IMHO i wouldn't think twice about carrying a phone on your belt. Maybe if you use the cheap otterbox clip that comes with the defender, but with a case like i listed above the chances of your phone falling out are very low. I've been using the same case for a year and a half and the velcro is still like new...

14. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    Beaumont,Texas
    The ring tone would probably the theme song for "Cops".......

:rofl:

15. jwhite75

jwhite75 Gubmint Worker

Jan 6, 2009
    Dub V
    I am not going to tell you why you shouldnt do what your asking us...

You need the Otterbox Defender, or Speck Toughshell.

16. SAR

SAR CLM

Apr 17, 2004
    LA LA Land
    I had two Nite-ize cases and they both ripped to shreds at the clip in just a few weeks. At the end of the day, they are still imported cases not made to the same standards as say a Safariland or Bianchi case. If you look, the inside of a Nite-ize case is cardboard. I now have a black nylon Nite-ize case (same as yours). Nite-ize sent me that when I complained about the damage. The only difference I can see is the outside material. The construct is otherwise very much the same.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. ditchdoc24

ditchdoc24

Jan 15, 2009
    Georgia
    I swear by Otterbox for my Iphone. The only problem is the clip portion is not secure. I've dropped my phone at a dead run inside the PD onto a concrete floor and my phone was fine. I use the Otterbox Defender but instead of the clip, I use a Maxpedition case: http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/CP-M-8p2.htm

Even with all this protection, my phone stays clipped to the visor in my car.

18. GenoTac Ind.

GenoTac Ind. |KYDEX GEAR>

Jun 22, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Mine is wrapped with the Ballistic HC and stays in my thigh pocket with internal pockets for AR mags, 5.11 tdus are what I'm issued. The phone fits perfectly in the AR mag pocket.

19. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

If you think you need it with you, in your shirt pocket, underneath the vest, set on vibrate. You don't want the bad guy to get a hold of it.

I'm that way with phones from work even.