close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need input on my G17 USPSA gun trigger set up

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 0scarM!ke, Apr 11, 2012.

Tags:
  1. 0scarM!ke

0scarM!ke

Hey guys just recently got in to gamin with my gun...so I got me a 17 instead of trying to game with my 26, or 23 which are my carry guns.

I did an extensive polishing job on all components of the trigger system...absolutely slicker than an oiled mirror now.

I installed a Zev Tech competition trigger spring set, and a Ghost 3.5# connector so far and the trigger pull is FRIGGING great now. And 100% reliable.

My brother in law gave me a Lighting Strike titanium striker. It came with its own Spring in a kit bag. It didn't state the poundage, but it was slightly heavier to compress...and overall length was slightly shorter.

Installed it and the trigger is about ad good as I can get without going to a complete drop in unit.

However, when dry firing it sounds really light...and it should be it's reduced mass, and weight. It's striking faster with less mass to make up for loss of mass.

My question is this, should I use the spring that came with the lighting strike kit? Or is the Zec Tech kit spring ok since it's even lighter yet?

Or should I just install the factory striker with Zev tech spring?

Is the titanium really that much quicker of a lock time?

2. Magsz

Magsz

You can experiment with both.

The bottom line is that once you start messing with striker springs there is no such thing as 100% reliability unless you go with a lightweight striker that has an extended tip such as the ZEV or Jager Unit.