close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need info on CDNNs Sig 220

Discussion in 'The Sig Sauer Club' started by CarbineKid, Feb 7, 2011.

1. CarbineKid

CarbineKid
    Expand Collapse

I've never warmed up to sigs because as a lefty the decocker was on the wrong side:crying: However Sigs now come in different configurations, and now I'm thinking I need a Sig. CDNN has Sig P220 limited edition SAOs for $689. I trust CDNN, but I gotta ask why is this gun so inexpensive(for a Sig)??? Is it okay, or did this model have issues? Any info/opinions are greatly appreciated
    Thanks

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. South Fla

South Fla
    Expand Collapse
    ©South Fla 2015

I got my last Sig P220 at a LEO price of $635.

Did you see these online or in a flyer some where?

3. Cobra64

Cobra64
    Expand Collapse
    Deals in Facts

With all due respect, the de-cocker is not necessarily "on the wrong side" once you understand its purpose, and learn how to "run-the-gun."

Furthermore, why would you decide switching from a DA/SA to a SAO because of the perception that a lefty can't operate a de-cocker? Since the manual of arms is totally different, it leads me to believe you don't know what you want.

Regardless, as a lefty, I've had no difficulty effectively running these DA/SA Sigs over the last seven years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally, the cost issue is, or should be, one of the least important considerations in choosing a handgun.

YMMV :)

4. backbore

backbore
    Expand Collapse

Sometimes Sigs come up in that price range. Don't let it scare you. If you like the pistol buy it. BTW, they made a lot of those SAO 220's. Limitted edition? I guess but there's a lot of those things runnin around. A few months ago I even saw them for sale as CPO's and police trade ins.

Best to you on your decision.

PEACE!

5. paragon1

paragon1
    Expand Collapse

The decocker, and slide release are very easily operated by the trigger finger for leftys. I find it easier than if I try to decock with my thumb when shooting right handed.

6. Cobra64

Cobra64
    Expand Collapse
    Deals in Facts

You are correct with using the left trigger finger to manipulate the de-cocking lever and mag release.

However, I don't recall the last time I've used the slide lock lever to release a slide. My preference is slingshot or hand-over.

That 226ST now has over 20k on the clock. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#6 Cobra64, Feb 10, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  7. 8th SPS USAF

8th SPS USAF
    Expand Collapse

CDNN buys closeouts and dealer over stock I have been buying from them
    for many years. Most used guns are almost new when you get them

8. Palmguy

Palmguy
    Expand Collapse
    Boom.

I don't think that particular gun is so inexpensive as to make me question something...perhaps you've been seeing a lot of overpriced Sigs :dunno: Price seems just about right to me, if that's what you're looking for.

9. Comedian

Comedian
    Expand Collapse

Is this with the external or internal extractor?