Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Need info on 1968 Mustang

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by ricky, Jun 18, 2006.

1. ricky

ricky Millennium Member

May 9, 1999
    Miami, Fl.
    I am looking at a 1968 Mustang convertible with the 289 engine in it and it has minor rust with a never wrecked straight body.

The floorboards are good and so is the trunk, engine is clean as well as the interior.

I wanted to know what a good ball park figure is on the price as he is asking $17,000 for it.

What is the difference between a gt and a regular convertible??
  2. psddoc

Jun 16, 2006
    Look for, of course, the badges, and dual exhaust with factory cutouts in the rear valance. Kelsey-Hayes front disc brakes were also part of that package IIRC.

In 1968 the 289 took a back seat to the 302. The 289 was only available with a 2 barrel carb. I know that early (65/66) Mustangs could be ordered with the GT package only if the most powerful engine at the time, the 289 4 barrel, was selected. I think that practice stopped in 1967 but I can't be sure.

17,000 sounds a little high, though prices have come up recently. I own a 68 hardtop that I bought for 4 grand, a no rust, great condition car, but that was almost 5 years ago now. My dad had a 68 convertible with a 289/2 barrel. It was a great car, I loved it and wish we hadn't sold it, but IIRC we sold it for around 12,000, and it was in good shape as well. We also owned a 67 big block fastback but that was a different animal.

The best source for reference would be My last piece of advice would be to check behind the convertible top and also the cowls for rust.