close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

need help

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by gumdokid, May 21, 2011.

1. gumdokid

gumdokid
    Expand Collapse
    the karate kid

need a new duty flashlight looking for a bright light. rechargeable or batteries preferably rechargeable. been looking at fenix lights or bayco if anyone carries these can u please input on how the are. if not any suggestions are appreciated. and looking for it to have a strobe feature.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. BennerP220

BennerP220
    Expand Collapse

You definitely need a streamlight strion LED. I would also recommend the streamlight LED stinger HP.

I work as a sheriff's deputy on motor patrol for close to ten years. I am a bit of a flashlight guy and these are what I carry every day.

3. Cochese

Cochese
    Expand Collapse
    Most mackinest
    CLM
    1. The JBT's

When the hell does a motor jock need a flashlight??

For when the power goes out in the bathroom at the Fuddruckers when your trying to get them hooker boots back on?

Kidding! I love our peacocks.

4. mrdann

mrdann
    Expand Collapse

Olight M30

5. DaBigBR

DaBigBR
    Expand Collapse
    No Infidels!

Strion LED for a rechargeable
    Polytac LED for a non-rechargeable (no strobe, though)

Both are small, bright, and affordable. Both are made by a reputable manufacturer with a well regarded lifetime warranty.

/thread

6. collim1

collim1
    Expand Collapse
    Shower Time!

I have carried a Streamlight Stinger rechargeable for about 6 years now. I tried the Stinger LED and went back to the incandescent light. I just do not like the way the LED light looks in certain situations.

I still keep the LED in my bag with a traffic cone on it. I do not see a strobe feature being useful for anything but traffic direction. Inside a house with the strobe on it looks too much like a disco going on, way to distracting for real use.

7. DaBigBR

DaBigBR
    Expand Collapse
    No Infidels!

My only qualm with the Stinger is the NiMh battery. The added size can be an advantage (still use my SL-20XP LED all the time), but the lithium battery in the Strion is far superior.

8. BennerP220

BennerP220
    Expand Collapse

Now that is some funny ****! :rofl: I drive a crown vic, though. Never been on a bike. I'm dangerous enough on four wheels, let alone two!!:tongueout: