close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Need help with my Glock 22

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by CountryBoy865, Jul 3, 2013.

1. CountryBoy865

CountryBoy865

Jun 28, 2013
    So I took my New (used) Glock 22 3rd gen out to the range today and it shot decent until about 75 rounds, then one of the pins started to wiggle out. Is there any way to remedy this?

2. CountryBoy865

CountryBoy865

Jun 28, 2013
    The locking block pin.

3. bentbiker

bentbiker NRA Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Orange County, CA
    I would first clean both the pin and the holes with alcohol and if that didn't stop it, others have achieved success by putting a light coat of spray paint on the ends of the pin. If you don't know the number of rounds since the RSA was changed, that might be worth a change.

4. CountryBoy865

CountryBoy865

Jun 28, 2013
    You think simply replacing the pin could stop it? I was planning to replace the spring and guide rod ASAP but wanted to shoot it first. The spring does look abit old and worn out.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  5. SJ 40

SJ 40

Jan 17, 2011
    Vermont
    RSA = recoil spring assembly. SJ 40

6. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    and pins are relatively cheap.

7. bentbiker

bentbiker NRA Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Orange County, CA
    Recoil Spring Assembly. I doubt the diameter of a replacement pin would be any different unless somebody makes oversize pins which I've never seen. If you have other Glocks, you might compare the diameter with a caliper to see if it is undersized.

8. cripes7

cripes7

Apr 2, 2009
    It mighy not have been seated correctly. Make sure there is an equal amout of space from the end of the pin to the outside of the frame. You can use a punch and tap gently.

9. Mike-M

Mike-M

Dec 15, 2012
    I wonder if a previous owner was obsessive-compulsive about doing a detail strip every other time that G22 was taken to the range. My oldest Glock is a 1997 Gen 2.5 G27. I've observed no pin loosening, but I only detail strip my Glocks semi-annually unless there's some good reason. Even semi-annually is likely overdoing that. (But it is fun to show to those unfamiliar with Glocks.)

10. CountryBoy865

CountryBoy865

Jun 28, 2013
    I was thinking the same thing.