close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need help with magpul BAD lever

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by jetdefiant, Jan 28, 2010.

1. jetdefiant

jetdefiant

So I don't have the lever yet but I did notice something that I need some advice on. So here goes.

I was looking at my two AR's and I noticed on my noveske I have a good amount of space between the ping pong paddle and the upper.

[​IMG]

and on my lwrc the paddle actually touches the upper , if you look closely you can actually see the scratch mark the paddle made.

[​IMG]

my question is, does the BAD lever need a good amount of clearance resulting in it not working proper for my m6?

2. jokeruh

jokeruh

I understand what you are saying.

I went and checked a couple of ar's with BAD. It is hard for me to say. Obviously, there is a backplate to which you screw on the lever itself. The backplate is not very thick. I have already installed the BAD's and I didn't check clearance before installation.

From memory, the backplate is pretty thin so I think that you will be ok.

You might can test this on the LWRC. Pull the charging handle all the way back and see how much you have to push on the paddle before it locks the bolt. If you can measure or estimate that distance, I could probably give you a better idea

3. Jer

Jer ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I noticed in your second picture the mag is actually out of the mag well. Is your bolt locked back with your ping pong paddle? This would explain why it's limited clearance.

4. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Dude, you've got 4K worth of AR's and you call the bolt release/hold open a ping pong paddle?

5. Goldendog Redux

Goldendog Redux Shut your mouth

Check it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2dNTRuTlSc

I must spend too much time youtubeing when I can recall this.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  6. jetdefiant

jetdefiant

yeah i JUST got done watching the magpul tactical carbine video so the "ping pong paddle" was still fresh in my mind.

but in both pics, none of the bolts are locked back, that's the at rest position

7. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Ping pong paddle, at least he did not call it a "flippie thingie" :rofl:

8. Jer

Jer ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Is there play in it? Does the spring need changed already? If it's against the receiver not locked back how do you lock it back?

9. jetdefiant

jetdefiant

I can still press on the bottom of the catch to lock the bolt back, but when I send the bolt forward the paddle part actually touches and hits the upper, meaning there isn't much, if any, clearance between the catch and the upper. Locking it back is not the issue, its the position of the bolt catch when at rest and since the spring is usually pressing on the bolt catch for an "at rest position" of not intruding with the bolt, the spring strength is irrelevant to the clearance of the paddle part with the upper. I hope I explained this thoroughly.

10. Resqu2

Resqu2

Can't help you with you problem but my RRA entry/tactical looks like your first pic, something has got to be wrong for it to be making a mark.