close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need help with Barnes 140g XPB HP

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Kentguy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Kentguy

Kentguy
    Expand Collapse

First off, I have been doing some testing with different bullets for my 357 magnum and I ran across several boxes of Barnes bullets their 140g XPB HP at the place where i pick up reloading supplies.

I have never tested with Barnes bullets before so I started doing some digging around. I do not have a Barnes Reloading Manual and data is a bit scars on line. Today I emailed Barnes Tech folks for some data but until that comes I was wondering if any of you out there have experience with this bullet in a 357 magnum platform?

I know the bullet construction is a bit longer than say a Hornady 140g XTP (Barnes = 775" & Hornady = 600"). This is a lead free all copper bullet. I know with a longer bullet comes various concerns as well so any thoughts here again would help.

http://www.barnesbullets.com/products/components/pistol/

I will be testing for some simple target rounds and a hunting type round. Guns used will be a S&W 28-2, 357 Magnum w/6" heavy barrel and a Rossi lever action carbine (38 spc., 357 mag.) w/20" barrel.

If anyone has any experience with this bullet and or load data or advice in general they could share, I would appreciate that.

Thanks in advance.

#1 Kentguy, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014