Glock Talk banner

Need help re: expired license renewal thru latest gun amnesty

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  darwin25 
#1 ·
My father has a pistol with expired license, he wasn’t able to renew the license after figured in a vehicular accident which left him in the hospital for months, to complicate matters, the license documents were lost in a fire that gutted my parents’ home two weeks before the accident.

He read of the latest gun amnesty in a newspaper and remembered his pistol which he had stored in a guncase and was largely forgotten since then. Now he wants to avail of the amnesty and renew the license.

Here’s the current situation:

1. There’s a change of address since he is now living in the province after our old house in the city was burned down.

2. All the original license papers, purchase receipt and related documents were lost in the fire but the pistol itself is intact since he was able to bring it out with him in exiting the burning house.

My questions:

1. Could the license still be renewed through the amnesty program even without his copies of the license documents?

2. Would my father’s change in residence affect the renewal of the license? Is it possible for him to avail of the amnesty in the police station of his current hometown or should he go the police station nearest his previous address as recorded in his initial license?

All replies and opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and more power to BoG.

See less See more
#2 ·
bro no problem yan,go to crame,pwede ka kumuha ng records ng unit ng father mo,from then pwede mo na siya irenew kasi andun na sa records ung firearms serial number at ibang deals,kung gusto mo ma avail ung amnesty ng renewal,sa oct 1 yata mag start un.meron din naman nakalagay sa renewal form kung may changes ka na gagawin sa records mo,madali lang yan bro,hindi ka pa pagpapawisan.

#5 ·
bro no problem yan,go to crame,pwede ka kumuha ng records ng unit ng father mo,from then pwede mo na siya irenew kasi andun na sa records ung firearms serial number at ibang deals,kung gusto mo ma avail ung amnesty ng renewal,sa oct 1 yata mag start un.meron din naman nakalagay sa renewal form kung may changes ka na gagawin sa records mo,madali lang yan bro,hindi ka pa pagpapawisan.
I'm sorry, but I cannot understand this reply at all ...... :cool:

Cheers!
Bill

#7 ·
Southern Leyte sir, what is the address of Cebu FED sir. Thanks.
I forgot the street, but it's beside Camp Sergio Osmeña at Osmeña Blvd., Cebu City, the cops there will point you to it.

BTW forgot to mention, if the license was issued in Metro Manila, the Cebu office may not be able to process it, anyway that's what I remember being told at the Federal Arms store in Ramos St., with respect to the Glock I got from them. I don't know if it is true today.

I had two licenses renewed just before my birthday this year (.45 and rifle), the only snag was the Landbank payment, the nearest Landbank ran out of forms and had the funny notion that such transactions will not be honored after 12. Had to go all the way to Escario Landbank.

#8 ·
eto din ang reklamo ko sa systema natin. madali sundin kung nasa maynila ka. kasi nandun lahat. kung malayo ka sa maynila at gusto mo sundin ang batas ang hirap. grabe ang byahe.

#9 ·
I'm sorry, but I cannot understand this reply at all ...... :cool:

Cheers!
Bill
His reply is in Filipino.

ProductionGuy essentially said,

"That's not a problem, bro. Go to Crame (our national police headquarters). You can get the records of your father's firearm there. From then you can have the expired license renewed as the police should have the gun's serial number and other details in their database. If you want to avail of the amnesty program and renew the license then, I believe the program starts on October 1. The renewal form also has a field for changes in one's personal records (address, etc.). It's really easy bro. You won't even break into a sweat."

On another note, I believe that if the gun is in the PNP database, then you cannot apply for amnesty as amnesty is only alowed for unlicensed firearms. If the gun's license is expired but the records are in the PNP's files, then what you have to do is pay for the penalties (late renewal, etc.) and update the personal data of the license holder. Please correct me if I'm wrong, fellow BoGs.

#10 ·
Thank you Mikey. As the thread went on, I realized that a language other than English was being used. When I first saw the response, I was concerned because I thought my CPU was fried (again ...). :whistling:

Thanks again for the explanation ... take care and be safe!

Cheers!
Bill

#16 ·
Inquire lang po ako. 650 pesos lang po ang babayaran maski na ilang taon na po di na-rerenew yung license??
Yes. But the license is only good for 1 year, then you would have to renew the license after that. And you will not get the license card right away. Applying for a renewal of license would be more cost effective. 800 petots lang more or less. Magkano lang naman ang penalty for each year of non-renewal wala pa yata 50 petots. Good for 2 years ang license and kuha mo na agad ang license card same day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.