close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Need help putting a value on an AR...

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by h&kbama, Feb 4, 2010.

1. h&kbama

h&kbama

Jan 28, 2005
    SE United States
    I recently acquired an AR in a trade. It is a beautiful piece. Here are the specs:

Stag lower with 6 position collapsable stock
    Rock River Arms heavy barrel upper (16") 1/9 twist, with mid-length hand guards.
    Black hawk tac sling on a single-point mount
    Rock River Elite Tactical carry handle rear sight
    Tac Force padded trunk case

I was just curious how much this item would be worth? I would have to rate it about 99%. It is LNIB. Approximately 500-700 thru it. The guy I traded with bought the upper & lower fully assembled (at different times) and put the two together. no scratches on it anywhere. Nice gun! I am not looking to sell it, just curious how much it should be worth. Any helpful input is appreciated. Thx. Be safe.

2. javelinadave

javelinadave Hebrew Hammer

Aug 14, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Sales value and trade value are two different things.
    Trades between private people and retailers are a different thing.
    Are you looking for a cash price?
    If so, post a picture or two.
    If you want a trade price, based on your written description I would say $750 without pictures.
    One other thing, most people don't like heavy barrels on AR's unless they are match shooters but they would use a 20" barrel for CMP and what not.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010

3. Three-Five-Seven

Three-Five-Seven Señor Mombo Millennium Member

Aug 8, 1999
    Great Southwest
  4. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    Yup. $500-600 for a frankengun. The RRA rear sight is total waste of metal.

5. You can buy the upper brand new from RRA for $475 the complete Stag lower for $225. The Tactical Carry handle sight is $175 from RRA but I think that's awful high for what it is.

So that's the same gun for $875 brand new, figure 2/3's of brand new price because it is used and I'd say it's worth about $575 in the current market.

6. h&kbama

h&kbama

Jan 28, 2005
    SE United States
    Thanks for the info yall. The fit and finish on my AR is awesome, Frankengun or not. It is a true shooter as if the upper and lower were mated for each other. I wish it was all RRA, but I got what I could afford. Thx again. Be safe.

7. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Mar 13, 2001
    Not a chance
    Oh I'm sure it will give you years of great service that is the beauty of the system.

8. What matters is that you are happy with the gun.

I have 3 AR15's and am building a couple of others. All of mine are Fraken guns with mixed parts in them. Although a couple of the uppers have no marks and could be made by anyone.