close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Need Help on Guide Rod Decision

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by TangoFoxtrot, Mar 6, 2011.

1. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Sep 10, 2008
    Nowhereville, USA
    I'm presently thinking about removing my Lasermax from my G23. I wish to put in either a stock captive guide rod or a stainless captive guide rod ( is it worth the extra money). Which one should I go with and why???

2. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

Jan 25, 2008
    Clarksville, Tn.
    I have never had trouble with a stock recoil assembly but have change them out for a heavier weight spring due to hot ammo.
    Not sure it is worth the money.

3. I prefer the Wolff guide rods and springs. Top of the line quality.
    However, even though I use the stock weight springs I prefer the non captured rods.
    No problems using them and if you ever wanted to change the spring it is so much easier.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  4. cciman

cciman

Jan 19, 2009
    SW Ohio
    They are all the same. They are really a very passive piece of the gun, that holds the spring.

eBay has them for $12, or $19 with the spring complete <-- I use these (Brass Stacker brand) and they are great, and cheap.

5. mteagle1

mteagle1

Oct 17, 2008
    Great Falls, MT
    I have used Wolff and IMSI because I shoot lots of competition other than GSSF but for general shooting nothing beats a stock Glock.

6. You certainly can buy a few of them for the price of an aftermarket.