Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need help naming my new Corp.

Discussion in 'Business Forum' started by GlockSpeed31, Mar 14, 2007.

  1. GlockSpeed31


    Oct 29, 2003
    S. Atlanta GA
    I am starting to file for Incorporation (S-Corp) and need to come up with a name for it. I am not going to use any part of my name to reduce the chance of any lawsuit or anything like that.

    I am a Subcrontractor for a Drywall Contractor and I get 1099'ed for tax purposes. My CPA said that by being INC., I would not have as much personal, self-employment taxes on me. I also am getting started in doing some photography (sports & entertainment), so I need to be able to run that under the INC. also.

    Any positive help would be greatly appreciated in the naming of my company.

  2. You sure you want to go for a S-Corp? Wouldn't be a LLC better for tax reasons?

    In a S-Corp you pay double tax. first as the Inc itself and then if you distribute the profit to the shareholder(you).

    In a LLC the profit is distributed to the partners and taxed on your personal rate.

    Think it over. I tried Inc. and went back to LLC.

  3. GWayne

    GWayne G23 G27

    Nov 21, 2006
    I believe S-Corps are taxed as partnerships as well. Any tax accountants out there?
  4. geekboy

    geekboy Glock Lover

    Mar 24, 2006
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Uhh... S-Corps are not double taxed. I have an S-Corporation. By design, the S-Corporation passes all profits and losses equally amongst the shareholders (owners). If you own all the shares, than 100% of the profit/loss goes to you. The taxes are tricky though. You should use a CPA to do your taxes! You can only claim losses in so much as you have "invested" in the company. ALso, equipment you give to the company (or sell to the company) can't already be fully depreciated... so that $100 saw you bought but already deprectiated, now has a basis of $0.00 in the new Corporation.

    Note: there are capital gains taxes that can be taxed at the corporation level.

    Go to the IRS site to find out...

    Okay, just talk to an accountant. But S-Corporations avoid the double taxation!

    Here's some names:
    1. Dry Shots, Inc.
    2. Picture Perfect, Inc. (probably overused!)
    3. Finishing Touch, Inc. (Finshing works for photography and dry wall!)
      [/list=1]That's it. Anything else, I'll have to charge you.
  5. jtull7

    jtull7 Pistolero CLM

    Jan 27, 2006
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    GlockSpeed31, not to be disrespectful, but if you cannot even come up with a name for your company by yourself, and have to ask an internet forum for help, I cannot see how you could possibly be successful.
  6. GlockSpeed31


    Oct 29, 2003
    S. Atlanta GA
    No disrespect here. I have been employed in the sheetrock business for 4 years now, w/ the same company. I am just tired of paying more taxes as a 1099 sub than an incorporated sub. I can have more deductions as an INC than an indiv. If I ever wanted to go out on my own and start my own contracting business, then I already have the INC started & established. I have asked for ideas to see if there are any names that may sound a bit better, I tend to think of it as a Giant Think Tank!
  7. Ribbler


    Jan 10, 2005
    Las Vegas
    An S-Corp and an LLC are both pass through entities - owners are taxed at the personal level as opposed to being taxed at the corporate level. S-corps and L.L.C.s differ from partnerships with regard to liability. A partner is jointly and severally liable for the debts of the partnership. An owner of a S-Corp or an L.L.C. is not responsible for corporate debts unless there is a personal guarantee.

    Ribbler, CPA