close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Need help installing Warren Sights in Colorado!!

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by nvrsmr08, Sep 21, 2010.

1. nvrsmr08

nvrsmr08
    Expand Collapse

I bought Warren Tactical sights tritium front and plain rear sights for my Glock 22 duty gun. I had them installed by Neves, and they dented the rear sight pretty bad with the sight pusher. I even told them we might need to file before install. Well I purchased a single Warren Tactical 1 dot night sight to replace my plain rear sight. I once again took it to Neves during Glock Days to have a certified Glock Armorer install the sight and do a detail clean. Once again I stated that the sight are a tight fit and might need filing. Well the sight was installed and once again it has a dent on the side of the sight.

So long story short, I will be going to pick up my Gen4 23 here in the next few days. I already have a set of Warren 2 dots to install, but I am hoping there is someone who can help me install the sights without denting it this time??

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Wash-ar15

Wash-ar15
    Expand Collapse

Are they using the correct pusher? They need the straight side one. Also,I always use a piece of buisness card inserted between the pushing part and the site to prevent marring.

3. nvrsmr08

nvrsmr08
    Expand Collapse

Not sure what kind of pusher was used but it puts a small dent in the left side of the sight.

4. Wash-ar15

Wash-ar15
    Expand Collapse

sound more like they used a punch. did you see them install them?

5. nvrsmr08

nvrsmr08
    Expand Collapse

No they do it in the back. I just want to find someone I can take my Gen4 23 to that will not dent the rear sight on the install any advise?

6. bentbiker

bentbiker
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member

Any chance of a picture of the "dent"? Not sure how a pusher can cause a dent in steel; did he push against a squared-off shoulder with an angled pusher? As for advice, I'd suggest going back to the installer and saying, "I came to you for installation because you are a professional. Look at this sight and explain to me what went wrong. How could your pusher cause this?"